Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: g-force R1
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
billd
I corded my tires at the AX at Marina on Saturday and when going to Tire Rack to order new ones noticed that BFG has a new R-compound tire out. It looks pretty interesting. Anyone tried these yet? How do they compare to Hoosiers or V710s?
okieflyr
I haven't read the full article yet,(just got it Friday) but Grassroots just did their side by side testing of the r-compounds. Included was the R-1, and they give there impression of the tire.

QUOTE(billd @ Sep 30 2007, 05:43 PM) *

I corded my tires at the AX at Marina on Saturday and when going to Tire Rack to order new ones noticed that BFG has a new R-compound tire out. It looks pretty interesting. Anyone tried these yet? How do they compare to Hoosiers or V710s?

billd
QUOTE(okieflyr @ Sep 30 2007, 06:36 PM) *

I haven't read the full article yet,(just got it Friday) but Grassroots just did their side by side testing of the r-compounds. Included was the R-1, and they give there impression of the tire.

QUOTE(billd @ Sep 30 2007, 05:43 PM) *

So.... What did they say?
Demick
Bill

Dunno how the BFG's compare, but did you know that tire rack has the V710's on closeout for $70 less per tire than the BFG's?

Demick
DanT
QUOTE(Demick @ Sep 30 2007, 07:05 PM) *

Bill

Dunno how the BFG's compare, but did you know that tire rack has the V710's on closeout for $70 less per tire than the BFG's?

Demick

Yep, just ordered a new set for my 7" steelies for next season.
$122 for 205x50x15s biggrin.gif
billd
QUOTE(Demick @ Sep 30 2007, 07:05 PM) *

Bill

Demick

Unfortunately they don't make 710s in my size, so I am choosing between g-force R1s or Hoosier A6s.

----Bill
Demick
Ahhhh. These must be for your Boxster then.
DanT
QUOTE(Demick @ Sep 30 2007, 09:48 PM) *

Bingo biggrin.gif
billd
QUOTE(Demick @ Sep 30 2007, 09:48 PM) *

These are for my 17s which fit both my Boxster and my 914/6 (back up wheels).

225/45R17 and 255/40R17

I think I'm going to go with the BFG R1s

----Bill
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.