Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Late model steel wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DanT
just finished the repaint on my latest aquisition
biggrin.gif
gloss black centers with gloss grey rims. shades.gif

they currently have 205x50 used but usable V710s on them. smile.gif

anyone have or know where I can get 1 or all four center caps for these confused24.gif

thanks
DanT
I need a center cap for this one
johannes
I think Autoatlanta have them ... But I remeber they are black.
TravisNeff
Where did you score those wheels Dan? Did you buy them widened or did you have that done?
DanT
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Oct 1 2007, 11:21 AM) *

Where did you score those wheels Dan? Did you buy them widened or did you have that done?

got them from a good friend that did not want to use them any longer, already 7" when he got them. driving.gif

lots of these were made in the 70s and 80s here in Norcal. Many AXers and TTers had them made to run under basically stock fenders. Some others used them for cantilever slicks under flares. biggrin.gif

I have a good friend that has had/built many 914 4s and almost every one on them
had a set of these installed. smile.gif

I run 3/4" spacers in the front and 1/2" in the rear. With that spacing I have over 3/4" clearance on the inside, spring on the rear. And at least a finger width of space on the out side fender lip. This is with the V710s installed, which are a very wide 205 tire with very vertical sidewalls.
I believe I could get 225s under the rear with no problems, with the use of a 1/4" spacer instead of the 1/2".

Yes my fender lips are rolled and the fenders are slightly pulled.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.