Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is this compressor worth getting?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
swood
As a replacement for a 5 gal pancake?
Econo Compressor

I got a 1/4" die grinder that uses only 3.0 CFM @90psi and I love this tool. I've never used air tools before and WOW! I want to grind everything in sight!

This compressor delivers4.4 CFM @90 psi with a 21 gal tank.

?
r_towle
its a good price.

Go for it
Joe Bob
Good price...but if you use sanding tools...they use a LOT of air and the motor will run constantly. My similar Sears model can't keep up with my orbital sander at 90 psi....I am thinking of getting a slave tank for more capacity.
TimT
get the best and highest capacity compressor you can afford, you wont be sorry
swood
I suppose hooking up the 6 gal pancake as a slave would help. I just don't want to drop 4 bills or more now.
rhodyguy
the pancake is great if you want to do finish wood work with a brad nailer. my 5hp 25 gal can't keep up with a d.a. sander but it's fine for the impact tools. use the small one inline with one like mine and you will have 2 running. don't forget a water trap. save your dough. line your work out and rent a bigger one for a day or two. besides, how would you feed the air to the second compressor? teeing the out feed lines wouldn't be effective.

kevin
Aaron Cox
how much air does an impact wrench draw?
redshift
0 psi/ 0 cf/m

It's a push system. laugh.gif

M
Joe Bob
Slave tanks are cheap,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
DuckRyder
I have a craftsman 25 gal 5 horse one. Its plenty aduquate for home use as long as you don't run a DA all the time. It was less than 200.00

It will run an impact, ratchet, air drill or die grinder without any real issues. If you do run it out of air, it is only a short time to full power again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.