Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who's Car is this? Anyone?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TINCAN914
I came across this 914 this morning, I kind of like the seats does it belong to anyone here?
Anyone know what the seats came off of?

Sorry would help..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1974-Porsch...1QQcmdZViewItem
DanT
QUOTE(TINCAN914 @ Oct 1 2007, 08:15 AM) *

I came across this 914 this morning, I kind of like the seats does it belong to anyone here?
Anyone know what the seats came off of?

linky confused24.gif
TROJANMAN
I changed my mind, but thanks for the halp biggrin.gif

TINCAN914
link and photo added above...
Sorry that would halp.
KaptKaos
This one has been for sale before. I remember the oddly long rocker sills. Some members track this stuff, so they may chime in.

I don't recall what the deal was last time, but it was criticized fairly sharply back then. YMMV
DanT
I have seen pictures of this car on either here or on 914club. The current owner is a member here or at Club.

If I remember correctly the current owner of the car, purchased it as you see it in those pics. Matter of fact, those were the same pics that were posted online.
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Oct 1 2007, 10:04 AM) *

I have seen pictures of this car on either here or on 914club. The current owner is a member here or at Club.

If I remember correctly the current owner of the car, purchased it as you see it in those pics. Matter of fact, those were the same pics that were posted online.

agree.gif

I remember it also, but I think they only hammered him over the rockers...Ok,

perhaps it was me that hammered him on the rockers. smash.gif
TINCAN914
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Oct 1 2007, 11:13 AM) *

agree.gif

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...
You I can't imagine... av-943.gif

I'm not interested in buying the car, I have my own work in progress, just curious about the seats.. I was thinking maybe..
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(TINCAN914 @ Oct 1 2007, 10:31 AM) *

QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Oct 1 2007, 11:13 AM) *

agree.gif

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...
You I can't imagine... av-943.gif

I'm not interested in buying the car, I have my own work in progress, just curious about the seats.. I was thinking maybe..

\
av-943.gif
DanT
Yes, I believe many folks gave him grief about the rockers...skirts, whatever.

On the Ebay ad, it said the car was all metal...I am sure those bumpers are not metal, and I would kind of doubt if the rockers were, for that matter. smile.gif
PeeGreen 914
I wonder if this car is from Washington. When I bought my first 914 I looked at one just like this but passed. I instead decided to buy a car from a guy in Costa Mesa that said the car was amazing and all, but turned out to be a pile of chit. Otto in Venice told me I got Fuched. I should have bought the red one and made it right.
cooltimes
Can't understand the nicky picky stuff here unless you are are planning on buying and hope to rip a 914 for less than owners unknown value.

Looks like a fun 914 to own and it runs, which is more than many do.

Seats appear to be Recarros (sic) much like those I had in a 1980 Sciricco S.
Do a Recarro seach and you'll probably find the source.

Cooltimes
Wannabe 914-6 owner
Seems like I saw this car once before on E-bay and a discussion on this site, and it was advertised as custom aluminum rockers. Does this ring a bell with anyone??
1970 Neun vierzehn
If you check the VIN against the members' list, and do a "search" for that members posts, it appears that the current owner just bought that 914 in June of this year huh.gif

Maybe he became disillusioned with the 914 or we here at the Forum have bad breath. icon8.gif

Either way, it's kinda sad to see a 914s ownership turn so quickly.

Paul
jaminM3
Yeah, he is a member and people were giving him a hard time about the rockers and he actually liked them. If you look at the pictures on his link the usual rusty spots look very good. confused24.gif Why would he change his mind after such a small amount of time? sad.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(jaminM3 @ Oct 1 2007, 11:49 AM) *

Yeah, he is a member and people were giving him a hard time about the rockers and he actually liked them. If you look at the pictures on his link the usual rusty spots look very good. confused24.gif Why would he change his mind after such a small amount of time? sad.gif

Some people need a jap car, put gas in it, turn key, drive car.

1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Oct 1 2007, 10:57 AM) *

Some people need a jap car, put gas in it, turn key, drive car.

And then some of us need a car that we put gas in, then watch gas run out, release engine lid, tighten/replace fuel lines, turn key, release engine lid, gap/replace points, r&r dizzy cap, check relays, inspect fuses, turn key, re-check wiring, turn key, fiddle with shift linkage, adjust clutch cable, grease pully, turn key and........ driving.gif Driving in it's finest form, "nothing comes close", Excellence was expensive, expected. biggrin.gif
scotty b
On a slightly different note, I noticed something odd last night and this auction is the same. I have been looking for a newer Suburban, and upon perusing last night I saw A LOT of them with a single bidder, almost always with zero feedback, and I am pretty sure several were the same bidder. Now, I KNOW, as in I am positive, the guy who has bid on this 914 had also bid on one of the Suburbans. Seems to strange to me. confused24.gif
richardmosselman

He says in his answers that he's looking for a 2.0 car so he hasn't left the fold just yet! R
DanT
QUOTE(richardmosselman @ Oct 1 2007, 06:00 PM) *

He says in his answers that he's looking for a 2.0 car so he hasn't left the fold just yet! R

then why not keep the nice car/chassis and put in a 2.0L or build a nice 1911?

just asking confused24.gif

we all know a nice chassis is more important than the particular motor in the car.
PeeGreen 914
Maybe the chassis isn't as sound as he would like.
sww914
Those rockers aren't so bad. I've seen way worse things on 914's. My rear flares, for instance, might be viewed and pretty ugly by some people, bt I think they're OK on a hammered old racecar.
I think the rockers would look a lot better if the white PORSCHE wasn't there.
My flares would look a lot better if I had a Sheridan body kit.
For comparison, here's my flare, and the back piece of Roger Sheridan's car after I painted it a couple of months ago.
sww914
Roger's
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.