Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Need a DVD Decoder...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
Anybody have a line on a good DVD Decoder to use with XP? When I was installing Sony Vegas (maybe it was my JVC video camera software) I believe I accidently yanked the one I had on this computer. Now I've got to pay a whopping $14.00 clams to get a new one? confused24.gif

Anyone know of any good sharewares?
jonferns
DVD Decrypter biggrin.gif -JON
Eric_Shea
That allows me to play DVD with my Windows Media Player?
jonferns
uh...not sure...i'll check it out though... -JON
computers4kids
VLC Media Player is a free player that will play DVDS, VCDs etc. It does not give Media Player the ability to play DVDS. Download Link

BE VERY CAREFUL...there are a few free codec packages out there which work great...but they come as a trojan horse filling your computer with back door spyware.
cooltimes
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Oct 1 2007, 11:10 PM) *

VLC Media Player is a free player that will play DVDS, VCDs etc. It does not give Media Player the ability to play DVDS. Download Link

BE VERY CAREFUL...there are a few free codec packages out there which work great...but they come as a trojan horse filling your computer with back door spyware.

Another opinion in agreement here.
VLC is SUPER using Windows or UNIX. Make it your default or WMP will always try to tend your DVD movie viewing.
I recommend Windows Media Player be left to play the online video flicks such as 914 videos on YouTube. VLC just doesn't kick in for me.

Question for you Computers4kids. Which ones of the codec packages induce the spyware?

Cooltimes
Eric_Shea
Danke Amigo.
bd1308
Eric,

should you need an actual program with a commercial codec, let me know.

I have bought several DVD burners, all of which include the full copy of PowerDVD, which is pretty cool.

lemme know.
Lavanaut
Hey Eric, Miro is a new, free, open source video player that plays pretty much every video format under the sun. It's funny, I actually installed it for my wife this morning to fuction as a DVD decoder. It also allows you to view internet TV, etc. It's a full-featured replacement for Windows Media Player, and a pretty damn good one at that. I hate WMP.

Miro
mrhurtalot
QUOTE(cooltimes @ Oct 2 2007, 12:28 AM) *

QUOTE(computers4kids @ Oct 1 2007, 11:10 PM) *

Another opinion in agreement here.
VLC is SUPER using Windows or UNIX. Make it your default or WMP will always try to tend your DVD movie viewing.
I recommend Windows Media Player be left to play the online video flicks such as 914 videos on YouTube. VLC just doesn't kick in for me.

Question for you Computers4kids. Which ones of the codec packages induce the spyware?

Cooltimes

VLC is superb. if you are needing any like "premium" software, PM me. popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.