Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: in need of a workplace for my original /6 ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
good evening!

today, i've been going through the details of what is needed to tackle the restoration of my original /6 and the most important thing i'm lacking is (work)space ...

so, i'm looking for a indoor workspace big enough to comfortably be able to work in and around a 914 that will spend most of it's time on a rotisserie.
there has to be plenty of space for parts bins and there will be a donor/partscar (original /6 as well) that needs to be stripped and cut up.

while i'd like to get this done fairly quick, realistically i'm probably looking at 6 months to a year.

this will be a ground up restoration. acid-dipping, lot's of cutting, grinding and welding etc. sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif
so, needles to say, there will be noise. oh, and a compressor for air-tools would be a plus biggrin.gif

if there's anybody out there that has such a space avaiblable (i'm willing to pay rent, of course!) or knows somebody who does, please contact me!
beerchug.gif Andy

the car, '70 914-6 - 914.043.0374:

Click to view attachment
jd74914
What's the car you are cutting look like?
SirAndy
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Oct 1 2007, 05:28 PM) *

donor looks nice and is a complete and running car!

unfortunately, the current owner got hosed on the deal as he paid for a prestine original /6 and it later turned out the car had been stitched together (and not in a good way) and the whole front clip starting at the rear firewall is from a early /4 ...
headbang.gif

so, we're going to put all the original /6 parts to good use and use the rest of the car as a sheetmetal donor for mine.
sawzall-smiley.gif Andy
flesburg
I'm in Illinois, not too far to the east.

I have room. The rent would only be that you store it here when it is done, and leave me a set of keys so I can move it around a little...just a little....
Eric_Shea
Just send it to Gunnar. It will be cheaper in the long run. biggrin.gif
McMark
Andy, the shop space three doors down from me is available. wink.gif But you'll probably want to get a couple other people in on it. Rent is around $1000 a month. ohmy.gif Same layout as my space but without the loft or workbench.
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Oct 1 2007, 08:08 PM) *

Andy, the shop space three doors down from me is available. wink.gif But you'll probably want to get a couple other people in on it. Rent is around $1000 a month. ohmy.gif Same layout as my space but without the loft or workbench.

woah. $1k a month is way too expensive. problem is, if i share it with other people then there isn't enough room for a rotisserie and parts car anymore ...

that's why your shop is out of the question in the first place ...
shades.gif Andy
Gint
My /6 is only 18 earlier than yours Andy. wink.gif
jd74914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 1 2007, 09:52 PM) *

QUOTE(jd74914 @ Oct 1 2007, 05:28 PM) *

donor looks nice and is a complete and running car!

unfortunately, the current owner got hosed on the deal as he paid for a prestine original /6 and it later turned out the car had been stitched together (and not in a good way) and the whole front clip starting at the rear firewall is from a early /4 ...
headbang.gif

so, we're going to put all the original /6 parts to good use and use the rest of the car as a sheetmetal donor for mine.
sawzall-smiley.gif Andy

Wow. Thats incredible dry.gif

I take it that there was some VIN swapping going on. sad.gif
SirAndy
icon_bump.gif

anyone? idea.gif
fiid
I'll put out an email on the california melee list for you and report back....

Fiidster.
fiid
From the melee list:

So I'm about to sign a lease on a 4200 sf building in
San Leandro and
I thought I would let the group know I'm looking for
some renters.
The options are dead storage, active workshop and
everything in
between. There is also quite alot of outdoor space for
R/V or trailer
storage. Rates are dependant on the type of access you
require. Give
me a call for details. Very secure alarmed building on
a dead end street.
Duff
415-640-0978
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.