Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rotisserie pivot point
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Teknon
Where is the vertical pivot point for a stripped down shell. I'm building a rotisserie and it would be so helpful to know in advance where to have the bracket welded in both the front and the back, so the car can easily spin on the pivot points.

Has anyone made one that can remember where the pivot should go? popcorn[1].gif
Joe Owensby
I built one from plans that I think were on Automobile Atlanta's web site. I placed the pivot pretty much in the center of the car, aligned with the center point of the bumper mounting holes. the car was reasonably well balanced, I could rotate it with one hand.
Teknon
QUOTE(Joe Owensby @ Oct 1 2007, 08:31 PM) *

I built one from plans that I think were on Automobile Atlanta's web site. I placed the pivot pretty much in the center of the car, aligned with the center point of the bumper mounting holes. the car was reasonably well balanced, I could rotate it with one hand.

I understand the middle is in between the mounting bolts. But I am looking for and elevation measurement. High/low.

I'll take a look at the AA site.

Turning it with one hand would be rightous.
McMark
Here are a couple of pics of the most balanced rotisserie I've ever touched.
Teknon
QUOTE(McMark @ Oct 1 2007, 09:05 PM) *

Here are a couple of pics of the most balanced rotisserie I've ever touched.

drunk.gif beerchug.gif smilie_pokal.gif Nice, Thank you
swl
That's an interesting roti Mark. No member joining the fore and aft sections. Can you show us what the base of one of the ends looks like.
TravisNeff
It looks like 2 V8 engine stands for the base, no?
McMark
Here ya go...
swl
too cool - that has to be the simplest setup I've seen
majkos
QUOTE(swl @ Oct 2 2007, 04:44 PM) *

too cool - that has to be the simplest setup I've seen

agree.gif

Too simple, I like it! aktion035.gif
Rotary'14
QUOTE(McMark @ Oct 2 2007, 04:20 PM) *

Here ya go...

bye1.gif
Hi McMark, I think your rotisserie solution is "da bomb". One question tho,, did you raise the pivot point on the engine stands,, I can't tell from the pics.

idea.gif idea.gif

-Rob
McMark
I didn't make it but cut n weld is the key. wink.gif
Richard Casto
Here is mine...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

The pivot point is lower than McMark's and as you would expect it prefers to lay upside down (it is top heavy). However it is close enough for me that I can easily rotate the car by myself.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.