Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reattaching the rear lid spring to the roller
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pat Garvey
Not recommended for concours 914's. That's me standing on the "adjustment point".

Not to be taken seriously, though it worked with the help of a BFS (screwdriver). I'm sure there are better methods.
Pat
av-943.gif
Al Meredith
I had to reinstall the torsion bars on the trunk once. After trying several times I called George Hussey at AA and asked " can it be done" He said it can be done and they do it all the time. I said if it can be done I'll do it. I bent a tube of steel , used big vice grips and whetever else but I did it. Once George said it is possible I just did it.
914rrr
Does anybody have a copy of the 'torsion spring tool' drawing they could post?
ClayPerrine
Classic thread on Trunk Torsion Bar Reinstall
SGB
I have no problem using a 10mm deep well socket on a long extension.
PinetreePorsche
QUOTE(SGB @ Oct 3 2007, 04:16 PM) *

I have no problem using a 10mm deep well socket on a long extension.

My orig. plastic wheels are gone-the po threw them when they broke. I got alu replacements, but I guess I need to pull the side grille panels off. Is there anything I need to know to do that?
SGB
They are held down by a single pin at the edge along the back. There are two more pins attaching it at the front to the body panal behind the rear glass. Just pull up on the rearward edge you can easily reach and when it pops free you will see that you need to pull the grill piece toward the rear to free the two pins at the front.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.