Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What the Hell?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
computers4kids
WTF.gif Here's the deal....I'm stripping my 75 914 and I pull off the tailights and what the hell..."that looks like nails." Sure enough, the PO drilled 3 to 4 small holes in the lower mounting recess for the rear tailights and partially tapped in some small nails.

Why do you think my PO did that? It looks like he was trying to space the housings/lenses out a bit?? The only thing I could think of is at one time perhaps they installed a 911 light with tape (no mounting holes) and tried to bring the tailight lenses flush with the lense...just a wild guess on my part. Doesn't look like a 911 lense was ever on the car.

What they did do.... was make the lenses leak and now I'm having to do a trunk floor replacement. sawzall-smiley.gif

Anyone want to take a guess?
PeeGreen 914
Didn't you know that was an option:rotfl: blink.gif
computers4kids
QUOTE(Blood red 914-6gt @ Oct 1 2007, 09:47 PM) *

Didn't you know that was an option

Shoot, I just threw away those nails! Now, how am I going to restore it to CW status? confused24.gif Maybe I can get some NOS from a German hardware store?
Twystd1
Thats weird. I also had those same nails............ On my roof flashing.

I am sensing a possible conspiracy here...

Lights, 914, roof, flashing, 1975, German.... HHHmmmmm

It's starting to come together.

Give me some time. I think I might have a handle on this. And that includes possible Alien technology's and the Mayan calendar.

I will report when I have all the data at hand.

Alpha Bravo Charley out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.