Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Intial dyno tune results in for my 2341cc
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
grantsfo
Got initial reports on dyno tune sessions on my twin plug 2341cc six. We made just over 200 HP at the wheels. Best news is that we got the mid range hesitation sorted out. The car should really fly now!

I'll ave dyno sheet later this week.
Dave_Darling
Very nice; can't wait to see the dyno sheet! 200 HP at the wheels is pretty decent out of a 2.4 liter.

--DD
Chris Pincetich
Sweet beerchug.gif
I seriously can't wait for the mud slingin thread yer gonna start comparing your dyno sheet to one from Jake Raby. Those 4 vs. 6 debates are the best happy11.gif
Hope to see you soon - Candlestick AX maybe?
grantsfo
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Oct 2 2007, 10:48 AM) *

Sweet beerchug.gif
I seriously can't wait for the mud slingin thread yer gonna start comparing your dyno sheet to one from Jake Raby. Those 4 vs. 6 debates are the best happy11.gif
Hope to see you soon - Candlestick AX maybe?

Guess we could try to compare my independently conducted chassis dyno with all real systems on my car to a lab rat motor on a crank dyno done by Jake.

I havent seen many independently conducted chassis dynos on Jakes motors so I'm not sure we can have much of a debate? biggrin.gif

Most impressive to me is that the motor is an old school six with stock 35 year old designed heads, cylinders, 2.2 liter pistons to raise compression, a real stock cooling fan and rebuilt crusty 40 mm IDA weber carbs. Pretty impressive stuff to get close to 100 HP per liter with such an old Porsche design - no fancy expensive redsigned systems or heads, toothless fans, computerizes FI, etc. Just good old Porsche engineering tweaked to make some additional HP over stock 911 S specs. We already know this motor can take abuse as it has about twenty 25 minute track sessions without single signficant issue. We had a couple of scares, but they have all been minor issues unrelated to mechanicals of the motor (fried wire harness and loose screws in the carbs - fortunately those two didnt happen at the same time or we may have had a Porsche roast)

I have to credit GD Racing http://www.gdracing.com/ for building such a great motor. Gary knows his stuff when it comes to building cost effective 911 motors. And Schatz and Krum for their chassis tuning expertise. http://www.schatzandkrum.com/

Krieger
Congrats! very cool!
nebreitling
i can attest to the speed and reliability of the motor. hell, i've tried to break it, and i can't.
grantsfo
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Oct 2 2007, 07:52 PM) *

i can attest to the speed and reliability of the motor. hell, i've tried to break it, and i can't.

Yeah you cracked me up at Infineon. "I'm running on redline in 3rd from 5 into 6, hope thats ok with you". I laughed becuase I was doing same thing! biggrin.gif

It is one of those motors that begs to be abused because youre always fighting to keep it in the power band.
Randal

What were the torque figures?
grantsfo
QUOTE(Randal @ Oct 3 2007, 09:45 PM) *

I'll have sheet Friday.
JPB
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Oct 4 2007, 03:12 AM) *

QUOTE(Randal @ Oct 3 2007, 09:45 PM) *

I'll have sheet Friday.

How much do you have in the engine bro? Does it run on pump gas; whats the compression ratio? I've spotted a couple of these engines and from what you are saying, sounds like its worth the purchase. beer.gif
Dave_Darling
Where's the promised dyno sheet?

--DD
grantsfo
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Oct 14 2007, 10:43 AM) *

Where's the promised dyno sheet?

--DD

Problems getting it from the shop. I'm calling them this next week.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.