Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: side shift rear boot
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tom
Anyone have a source for this boot? The one that goes on the front of the trans shifter cover. I know J-west has one , but looking for something local from FLAPS that is from some other application, but will work fine for this one also.
Thanks,
Tom
lotus_65
i doubt flaps would have them.

evil bay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSCHE-914...sspagenameZWDVW

auto atlanta probably.

pfb
purple
got mine from JWest, it's an amazingly nice part. you will NEVER find stuff like this at a FLAPS.

If you had a goddamn chevy 350 you could build one from the BS parts that FLAPS carry.... mad.gif
Tom
Probably will go with J-west. What's $20.00 after spending over $750.00 with him anyway?
Purple, what's wrong with Chevy 350's? Or FLAPS for that matter. The local parts places have kept my 76 Dodge 1/2 ton working strong for over 30 years!
Tom
purple
bah, nothing's wrong with 350's unless you want to watch a little different of an engine build on horsepower TV on spike...god, how many times will they build a GM 350 over and over again!?
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Tom @ Oct 2 2007, 05:44 PM) *

Probably will go with J-west. What's $20.00 after spending over $750.00 with him anyway?
Purple, what's wrong with Chevy 350's? Or FLAPS for that matter. The local parts places have kept my 76 Dodge 1/2 ton working strong for over 30 years!
Tom

FLAPS are for Dodges. And Fords. And Chevys. Maybe Studebakers.
FLAPS are NOT for anything else.
There's domestic, import, and European. They do domestic, some "imports" (Asian), and very little European. What they do have for European cars is either cheap crap or overpriced reboxed parts that have to be special ordered ............... Patronize the people who support us and participate on the list ..................... The Cap'n
914rrr
Just got mine from Dave at GPR. OEM, about $25-ish.
PeeGreen 914
Are you looking to get the OE part. I have one sitting around you can have.
Tom
Thanks for all of the answers. Sure brought out some opinions! Every one has one. Some are more thought out than others.
I was looking for something CHEAP as I am still trying to make mine shift better and trying different things. The more you disassemble and reassemble, the more things get damaged and need replacement.
Tom
familienauto
I am looking for one of these boots to replace my cracked one also. Did you find a cheap alternative, Tom?

Zach
stateofidleness
awww i posted bout this in the classifieds.
blood red do you still have that one??
i need one as well....
PeeGreen 914
Oh man... I will look for a few others. I may have one or two more sitting around, but I found one for Tom rather quickly. The sad thing is I think it is nicer than the one one my car now. I may need to switch it, but then again that would take time away from my projects.

PM me tomorrow to remind me to dig through the pile.
stateofidleness
cool if you find one, that'd be awesome!
hell ill even take a beater.. at least it's something! lol
PeeGreen 914
Sorry guys. I dug through my boxes of transmission parts, and I didn't see any other covers. If you need any other transmission parts I just realised how much spare crap I have.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
The boots are commonly and readily available at any good 914 parts supplier.
Tom
Just to clear this up, the cover for the side shifter has aboot that is flexable and goes around the rod. That is the part I'm looking for. The 914 parts places I've looked at have the cover, but not the boot for the shift rod.
Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.