Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car stalled unexpectedly
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Andyrew
I just got finished with a nice ride around my block, like 5 times biggrin.gif, and I was on my way home and I just made a easy right hand turn and the car seemed to not get any fuel, it died, but it didnt stutter or anything, just slowly (matter of 3 seconds) died.. So I wait 10 seconds to think, and then check my little switch thingy (cant remember if I fliped it or not, I dont think so) for the fuel pump and then started right up..

Any idea's or am I just worried..

Andrew

PS. Heater works, kinda...
redshift
My stalling turn check list:

Battery ground at chassis
Tranny ground strap
Wiring to relay box
All wires to the coil

When I had that problem, just as you described, I reterminated the end on my battery ground, cleaned all the relay sockets while I checked the terminations at the box, and took the tranny strap off, was perfect, the ends were dirty.. cleaned and reinstalled.

All the wires on the coil were loose, I cleaned the contacts, and crimped them down.

My battery ground was nearly bent out of the connector, because of the angle it was installed.

My tach only 'bounces' when I downshift in a spirited fashion now.

I found several problems, and fixed them all... I have no idea which problem caused it.

smile.gif

Miles
Andyrew
Alright thanks, I'll double check those things..

Thanks
Andrew
redshift
Forgot one, CHT connector was exposed, and grounding I think..

More to come... always.

M
Andyrew
CHT?

Car Heater Temp?

Andrew confused24.gif
Bruce Allert
don't forget the wire on the AAR..... it's notorious smash.gif

.........b
sj914
CHT=Cylinder Head Temp.
ChrisReale
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't your wiring all phucked up and rigged up? I'd look there first. spank.gif
redshift
Oh, no I meant CHT the Car Hating Thingy..

=\

M
Joe Bob
NASCAR Disease, left turns allowed only.
Andyrew
Yes chris, that is a good way to put it...

I have been spending the last forever doing the stupid wiring.. My Heater valve wire is broke somewhere, so I ran another line for that.. Currently under my dash is 4 switches one for heater and fan (have to wire fan) one for fuel pump, and my sterio didnt like the switch I had for it, so I got it another switch to toggle my sterio on and off..

I'll check to see if my electrical tape around my aar wiring came off (aar doesnt work.. anyone have one that works?, heck I doubt that the wireing works!!)
I think my CHT its dissconnected, but I'll check that, My temp guage shurly doesnt work...

Thanks

Andrew
Drums66
Andyrew.....from what I've heard,try a good engine harness. confused24.gif
garyh
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Dec 26 2003, 05:10 PM)
I just made a easy right hand turn and the car seemed to not get any fuel, it died, but it didnt stutter or anything, just slowly (matter of 3 seconds) died.. So I wait 10 seconds to think, and then check my little switch thingy (cant remember if I fliped it or not, I dont think so) for the fuel pump and then started right up..

BTDT. It's rust in the fuel tank.

You should check all the other things mentioned, but they would make it die on left turns also.

G.
Curvie Roadlover
When my car did that exact thing it turned out to be corrosion on the fuse holders for the fuel pump fuse on the relay board. I suggest giving those a good cleaning. Even if that's not the cause of your problem, keeping them nice and clean will prevent them from ever being the cause! And an incredibly easy fix if it is the cause. idea.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE(redshift @ Dec 26 2003, 07:08 PM)
Forgot one, CHT connector was exposed, and grounding I think..

More to come... always.

M

agree.gif
Andyrew
Curvie, my fuel pump isnt being run by the stock wiring, Thanks though!

I'll check the CHT before I drive it again.

Andrew
Brad Roberts
The CHT will cause the car to die. I killed the wifes car twice during the MUSR autoX. Didnt find the wire loose until after it died at mid point thru my last run. Make sure you have it plugged in nicely.

Anyone ever wonder why I tell people to look for hacked chassis and engine wiring harness' ??

Your looking at the reason right now.. what a clusterF.

B
redshift
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Dec 28 2003, 03:15 AM)
Anyone ever wonder why I tell people to look for hacked chassis and engine wiring harness' ??

B

huh.gif

Oh yeah! That is exactly what I am thinking, "I wonder why Brad tells people to look for hacked chassis and engine wiring harnesses!?"....

smile.gif

M
Andyrew
Hey I bought the car (with 2 parts cars) for $950. What can you expect? Its rust free as well. (really it is). I expected less, just wanted more.

Andrew
redshift
Don't let us wear your spirit down Andrew... we're just snobs, with working teeners... that don't stall..

laugh.gif

smile.gif

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.