Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: sitting in DMV hell!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
michaelt55
Ok, got the title finally from the ass hats in CA. Now I sit waiting in line(but I'm first!) In the Texas DMV. Say a prayer for my soul...but I GOT MY TITLE!!!!!!!

Michael
Dr Evil
"Ive been to hell I call it DMV and anyone whose been there knows exactly what I mean" Primus, DMV
purple
Are you going to the one on highway 6 and clay road? The tax assessor's office there isnt very high traffic and they are really nice... Got my change of title all taken care of there for my 914, quick and easy.
michaelt55
Yep...and they turned me down flat...says I cannot even process the title until I bring them the inspection slip. First time I have ever been told that in Texas. My kit car was given a title from Florida and it has never been inspected. So since I work days...I have to wait about 2 weeks to do it again.....

Talk about p@ssed off...

Michael ar15.gif ar15.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(michaelt55 @ Oct 3 2007, 12:42 PM) *

Yep...and they turned me down flat...says I cannot even process the title until I bring them the inspection slip. First time I have ever been told that in Texas. My kit car was given a title from Florida and it has never been inspected. So since I work days...I have to wait about 2 weeks to do it again.....

Talk about p@ssed off...

SOP here. You can't transfer an out of state vehicle to a Texas title without an inspection certificate. A 914 should be safety only, so it will only take 10 minutes to get the inspection. The paperwork will take longer.

Chuck
Anyone else seen the new TV series Reaper? I laughed out loud when I saw the title of your thread because in the TV show, the DMV is a portal to hell. The writers nailed that one.
Grelber
You should see my thread on getting my "new from California" Teener inspected here in Texas. They flunked me one time for my high beam indicator light on the dash. It worked, but wasn't "bright enough". Geeze........ Good luck.
David_S
Yep .....you aren't supposed to be able to get a Texas registration on anything from out of state without the "slip"! Since I am a certified inspector, I have had to fill a few of them out! As for the high beam indicator light .....the book doesn't say how bright it has to be, just says it has to work! Wanna really trip them out ......a vehicle doesn't even have to have a windshield in it, but the windshield wipers have to work !!! Give me a day or two and I will get the section numbers from "The Book"!
Project 6
At least in the Great State of Kaleefornya, we have the alternative of AAA and their friendly faces over the dark minions of the DMV.
michaelt55
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 3 2007, 01:47 PM) *

QUOTE(michaelt55 @ Oct 3 2007, 12:42 PM) *

Talk about p@ssed off...

Clay;
My kit car was given a title without an inspection....and it was from Florida.

California lost the title papers twice, took over 6 months to get the CA title!!!!

Michael
SOP here. You can't transfer an out of state vehicle to a Texas title without an inspection certificate. A 914 should be safety only, so it will only take 10 minutes to get the inspection. The paperwork will take longer.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.