Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone know this car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
steve@ottosvenice.com
141 MPH at El Mirage
ChrisReale
Has the same rims as the Star Wars kit car on ebay a few months ago... laugh.gif
seanery
was he aiming for 163?
steve@ottosvenice.com
Here is one more
redshift
Looks like Stevie Wonder's car.

M
rick 918-S
Nice, clap56.gif I like it. aktion035.gif driving.gif
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(redshift @ Dec 26 2003, 11:19 PM)
Looks like Stevie Wonder's car.

M

Huh?
redshift
To imply something is one thing, but to come right out and say eyeless is a bit cruel.

M
East coaster
140 + with no rear spoiler, that must feel stable blink.gif
Brad Roberts
Steve,

I dont recognize anyone standing around the car. I would be interested in finding out who it is/was.

B
john rogers
Steve, check out this link to the results page:
http://www.scta-bni.org/El_Mirage/ELM%2003...esults/page.htm
Brad Roberts
He is with the group "Super Fours"

Arner - Barr 141.819 Super Fours

Thanks John.. I didnt think to look at the results..(DUH)

B
redshift
I've been near that in a teener, you guys just need a place where you have all day to let 5th happen.

wink.gif

M
Britton
QUOTE(redshift @ Dec 28 2003, 01:41 AM)
I've been near that in a teener, you guys just need a place where you have all day to let 5th happen.

wink.gif

M

I don't about you guys, but my 5th doesn't happen much over 110. huh.gif
So what have the rest of you topped out at?

-Brit
redshift
Indicated 138, I don't know what the error was at that speed, over filled stock dia. tires. (10lb)

M
Brad Roberts
Typical stock 2.0's will only do 110-115 MPH. The last 10-15mph is the toughest.

B
VegasRacer
My bone stock 1974 1.8 would do 170
(OK so that is km/h)

108 after a few miles.
102 with the top off.

Would raking the windshield of the #406 red racer help his top speed?
tracks914
I had mine (1.7) up to 115 km/h on the trailer. Some day though I will really drive it. MDB2.gif MDB2.gif MDB2.gif
Aaron Cox
yes. i saw it race at el mirage dry lake over the summer. were you there? i posted a thread about it like forever ago LOL. my uncle used to race the "thunder frog"... a citroen race car. laugh.gif
campbellcj
I saw around 130mph indicated in my 73 2.0 ravenna car; but that was on a looooong downhill grade in the desert. We were clearly flying but I dunno what the actual speed was. On the track I know that car would struggle to hit a realistic 115 on a good day; usually more like 110
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.