Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Body shops in New England
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
griffin-doug
Anyone have suggestions for body shops in New England, specifically Rhode Island. I have a terrible color on my 914, Cassis, a cross between poop brown and purple. Not pleasing for such a nice car. I am looking to have the flares put on and change the color, looking for someone that is highly recommended.

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

doug
jk76.914
International Collision, Keefe Road, Acton MA. Ask for Jay.

(978) 263-6767

Not that close, but they're in NE. 'Bout an hour north of the RI border. He's about an hour south of me. Jay's been my family body man since 1982. Here's some pics-
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
jk76.914
couple more...
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Good luck! It's a long process, and once you've started, never never never never look back and add up what you've spent!!!
griffin-doug
QUOTE(jk76.914 @ Oct 3 2007, 05:18 PM) *

couple more...
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Good luck! It's a long process, and once you've started, never never never never look back and add up what you've spent!!!

Amazing results!!! How long did it take? Did you have the flares or did he custome make those for you?

Thanks

jk76.914
I got the Porsche steel flares at Stoddard's. They were in the Porsche inventory in Atlanta, and they ordered them and then shipped them on to me. Stoddard still shows them on their website.

He had the car from early June 2002 until just before the first snow in early November that same year. I reckon the whole job cost me probably $12000, plus the cost of the flares. And this was a virtually rust-free tub that I had disassembled. He picked it up on a ramp truck, and then delivered it.

I bought the car in 1983 when my company went public. I started buying parts 1997, when there were lots more available than now, and then launched the rebuild in 2002.

pin31
Doug,
Welcome fellow Rhode Islander !!

Call my buddy Paul Furtado. Paul's the best and works on my 914. He's also the best drummer in RI!

His shop does not do auto body work but he can recommend the best place to go in the area.

The Car Works
337 Market Street
Warren, RI
401-247-2772

Tell him Tim (in the band) sent you !!

Paul's a top notch guy and will help you out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.