Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Look at a 72 914 today...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
computers4kids
I'm buying a 72 914 with a build date of 06/72 and have a couple questions...I'm not to familar with the early years production.

This interior in this car looks like a 73 and 74, i.e backpad, seats, basket weave. This car looks unmolested other than a few updates, spoiler, exhaust, speakers so I doubt the interior was updated. When did the third seat stop production?

The car hasn't been registered in 11 years and the owner is deceased--I'm buying the car from a relative...any tips on getting through the CA DMV with least amout of hastles?

Other than a ton of dirt, this car completly rust free and the trunks, longs, under the batter tray are perfect.

Lastly, all four tires are falling apart and won't hold air. Do you think it would be harmful to use a winch to pull the car up onto a trailer...or should I pull the wheels off my 75 project to get this car on the trailer and home?

Thanks,
Mark
PS I'll post pics once I get it home.

The car has the appearance package.
computers4kids
I just checked the VIN against the production run for 72 and found this car was in the last 1000 cranked-out of the 21,000 + 72's produced. I guess that's my answer why the interior looks to be a 73...they ran out of 72 interior parts and switched over to the next years run....I think.
Project 6
Well, it's a 1.7....it has the fully adjustable seats on both sides. Depending on options it could have sway bars, AC and other goodies.

As to DMV, never mention death, relatives, probate or anything else. Take in the last registration, the title, BOTH Plates, car on a trailer or get a one day pass and drive it in. Some AAA facilities will do the deed but if they don't find a DMV that has employees that have a rep for being human.

Stand in line tell them you just bought it, get the VIN verified, answer only the questions they ask, don't volunteer anything, tell them you paid $500 and it wasn't running. Pay the fees and RUN home.
jonferns
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif -JON
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.