Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Here is the story of the most rare/strange/intresting 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
Read all about it here...

http://www.pietro-frua.de/1971_porsche.htm

bcheney
You are a sick man...where in the hell did you ever find this? Truly amazing!!
PeeGreen 914
That's really cool. I am glad I know how to read pictures biggrin.gif
swood
It's a funny read if you hit the translate button on the top right.

"In March 1970 the Spanish Porsche importer Werner Bernhard Heiderich (in the USA the Verne Ben bought heath-smell yourself called; almost exclusively the way of writing Heidrich indicated in the past literature is not correct) a Volkswagen Porsche 914/6 (Design: Gugelot Design GmbH, new Ulm; Design responsible person attorney: Hans's servant) with central engine. Since it was too ugly it, it wanted to leave it provided with a new body in Italy and transferred the vehicle directly during the collection from Stuttgart to Turin. He tried it first with Giorgetto Giugiaro, which was however too busy at this time. Therefore turned heath-smell to Pietro Frua, which karossierte again the cars according to its desires. The car should look as far as possible as the Mercedes Benz C111 with wankel engine, including its wing doors. Frua fulfilled Heiderichs of desires, omitted however the wing doors probably due to the technical difficulties, which heath-smell annoyed. In order to guarantee that the road performances the appearance corresponded, the engine in Turin of Heiderichs mechanics Antonio Santez was drilled out using other pistons and piston rods (among other things parts Porsche 906 Carrera 6) on 2,4-Liter and the achievement was increased to 225 HP (car engine and sport, number 7, 1971; Christophorus, number 110, 1971; Heath-smell, verbal report).

The vehicle was issued on that Geneva salon in March 1971. There saw the Porsche PR-boss and running leader Fritz Huschke of Hanstein the car and informed by telephone Ferry Porsche, which thereupon specially to Geneva drove, in order to regard it too. Since he pleased him much, he was correct a partial supply heath-smells on for the building of a limited small series in Madrid too (heath-smell, verbal report). In addition, seriousness Otto Filius, the managing director of the Volkswagen Porsche marketing company showed interest to let the cars of Porsche build in Stuttgart (Long 1997, Liechtenstein 2003)."
brer
Guigiaro design.
its dead now. Burned.
JeffBowlsby
This is not the Tapiro car Brer....Tapiro shown below

QUOTE(brer @ Oct 4 2007, 09:14 PM) *

Guigiaro design.
its dead now. Burned.

JeffBowlsby
nuther
Dr. Roger
Hmmm,

my new wall paper.

brer
so it isn't!
from memory I thought for sure it was the same car.
Dave_Darling
I thought this one was the Goertz-redesigned one?

--DD
JeffBowlsby
Here is the Goertz...
brer
Hmmmm.

idea.gif
D1A3
Or how about the Corvette Prototype (1973 XP-897) with a Wankel engine that was built on a 914 chassis?

Click to view attachment

or

Click to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
What indication is there that this is a 914 chassis? Pininfarina built the chassis.
pffft
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Oct 5 2007, 12:29 PM) *

What indication is there that this is a 914 chassis? Pininfarina built the chassis.

It was/is a shortended 914 chassis. It still exists in private ownership with a
mazda (I think 13b) engine. I've got some recent pictures someplace. What
originally caught my eye was the drivers seat, which looks for all the world
like a 914 seat with more padding.

Here it is
Classic and Sports Car magazine
April 2006 pg 108

and another

wankel vette

"THE DeLOREAN THAT NEVER WAS"
jtf914

Styled by GM but hand-built by Pininfarina in six months, XP 978GT was based on a shortened and widened Porsche 914/6 chassis.

There goes another 914 VIN number sawzall-smiley.gif
JeffBowlsby
Wow what an interesting story. First time I have seen that in 10 years chasing 914s...cool. It looks to be more proto-vette than 914 though...I dont see any similarities. Those detroit geniuses outta be ashamed for cutting /6 though...a /4 would have worked for them just fine.

BTW, the first number given was wrong, and casued the faulty google search...The correct car number is XP978GT
Chris Pincetich
Cool beerchug.gif
Even in 1971-74 the 914 was the ultimate project car biggrin.gif
Gustl
QUOTE(URY914 @ Oct 5 2007, 03:31 AM) *

I've 3 original press photos from STUDIO FRUA PIETRO
maybe I could post them tomorrow ...

bye1.gif Gustl
echocanyons
any idea of the vin numbers for those cars?
grantsfo
fRENCH
zymurgist
QUOTE(Dr. Roger @ Oct 5 2007, 01:19 AM) *

Hmmm,

my new wall paper.

Hmmm. I wonder if it comes with a flux capacitor?

Just sayin'...
JeffBowlsby
here is the VIN on the Hispano-Aleman from the webpage. Looks like 1970 car
JeffBowlsby
Imagine changing plugs in that engine bay...how would you do it? Helicopter? Or just drop the engine everytime....
Gustl
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Oct 6 2007, 01:05 AM) *

here is the VIN on the Hispano-Aleman from the webpage. Looks like 1970 car

VIN 914.043.0980
Engine number 6404584
Transmission number 7501004
Color: canary yellow (2910)
Black imitation leather (11)
Equipment: US-Band-Radio Blaupunkt Frankfurt, M- 453
Gustl
here are the original press photos

914sBaby!
How about this 914?
JPB
Vee vill coll ziss dast Panterpoorsche! poke.gif

That silver home made job makes my man parts move. beer.gif
roadster fan
When I squint this looks like a 928

Click to view attachment
Brando
QUOTE(914sBaby! @ Oct 6 2007, 04:09 PM) *
How about this 914?

Boner!
Garland
Reverse, reverse, engineering?

"This little concept mounted a 266ci and 180-horse Wankel (called RC2-266) transversely, driving a new automatic transaxle being developed for the forthcoming X-body Citation. "

"Since 1997 it has been fitted with a Mazda 13B rotary unit (much more in the spirit of the original concept) matched to a Cadillac front-wheel drive automatic gearbox so that everything lines up. "

Interesting under the hood view. Notice the structure.

Click to view attachment
rgalla9146
When did the Tapiro burn ?
I recall there is a ownership/possession dispute with the Hispano-Alemano
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(Garland @ Sep 18 2015, 10:13 PM) *

Reverse, reverse, engineering?

"This little concept mounted a 266ci and 180-horse Wankel (called RC2-266) transversely, driving a new automatic transaxle being developed for the forthcoming X-body Citation. "

"Since 1997 it has been fitted with a Mazda 13B rotary unit (much more in the spirit of the original concept) matched to a Cadillac front-wheel drive automatic gearbox so that everything lines up. "

Interesting under the hood view. Notice the structure.

Click to view attachment

Which car is this of?
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Sep 19 2015, 06:37 AM) *

Which car is this of?

Corvette
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.