Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oregonian this morning
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
A Hillsboro man died shortly before 7pm Friday when his Porsche collided head-on with a van. The Porsche driver whose name was not released, was eastbound on Farmington when he started to pass another vehicle in a no passing zone.The Porsche driver slammed on his brakes but the vehicles collided headon. The Porsche driver had to be freed from his vehicle and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Be careful out ther Porsche drivers.
CCL
Bruce Allert
agree.gif
Here in the PNW there are quite a lot of twisties (as are many areas) and places that beckon our feet to be heavy on the gas. No matter how fast you think your car is there will be a time & place when it will not be fast enough. You will know when that time comes, but, only for a split second.
I second what Craig says,

Be Careful Out There

PLEASE driving.gif

............b
Air_Cooled_Nut
Farmington is FOUR LANES! (I live about 2 miles from it). Sounds like a typical Oregon driver -- stupid, self-centered, "nobody else is on the road but me" twit. Me and my girlfriend were driving around yesterday in downtown PDX and Beaverton (where Farmington Road is) and traffic was light.

"Started to pass" and "slammed on his brakes"...doesn't sound like a smart person in the first place. Merry Frickin Christmas to that driver's family sad.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
Oh, just got to thinking...he was probably outside the city limits so was "in the country" section (farm land), and that is just one lane per direction.
boxstr
To be more specific the 29400 block of SW Farmignton Road.
CCL
scotty
e-yup. Them there double yellow lines be there for a reason. Sad.

Washignton county has grown LOTS in the past 20 years and is still trying to get by with the same road system they had in the 1940's (two lane twisties).
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(scotty @ Dec 27 2003, 10:53 AM)
Washignton county has grown LOTS in the past 20 years and is still trying to get by with the same road system they had in the 1940's (two lane twisties).

if your part of the world is anything like it is here, i wouldn't be holding out much hope for change any time soon. ALL the roads in SE PA are like that, and have been since the *17* 40's ...

(PA - 250 years of tradition unhampered by progress ...)
Ratt
Its not only people "Over driveing." I do alot of drivingto help friends with their cars. ALot of the times, I notice people Multi-tasking while driving. That drives me Nuts!!! To see someone on a cell phone, eating and typing on a laptop scares the crap out of me.

This morning, I was almost hit by a F-350 when I was turning into a parking lot, Guess what. The driver was on a cell Phone.

I'm only 18 but Ive had friends killed in car accidents, and Ive had my car totaled by an unisured unlicensed driver. When Im out on the road I dont screw around, And I wish Others wouldnt either. Laws are there to Protect us from our selves.
I think Ill step off the soap box now
Andy Rattley
redshift
I feel bad for him, probably lugging around at 2000rpm in 5th..

M
Andyrew
Whats wrong with that? I do that every day! (keeps me from going over the speed limit) Redshift

Sorry to hear about careless drivers.

I was driving around 2 days ago, and it had just rained hard, so I was driving normal, and this kid in a honda decided I wasnt driving fast enough, so in a residential section, ON A BLIND CORNER he decided to pass me, and then hence cut me off on the same turn I was turning.

I dont give stupid drivers sympathy.

spank.gif chair.gif
Eric_Shea
eastbound on Farmington when he started to pass another vehicle in a no passing zone

Genetic Cleansing... Darwin Award...

Sorry for the unsimpathetic post but just because he was driving a Porsche doesn't mean he's not a f*#&'n idiot.

Think about your family next time you think about passing in a no-zone... I wonder how his kids are feeling right now. Those kind of stories just piss me off. Another senseless death. The other people reading it form opinions of Porsche drivers as well... mad.gif
redshift
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Dec 27 2003, 04:46 PM)
Whats wrong with that? I do that every day! (keeps me from going over the speed limit) Redshift

It's going to keep you from going over your engine's service life too, but that's 100 other threads..

M
Andyrew
It's going to keep you from going over your engine's service life too, but that's 100 other threads..

Alright, ill drive more spirited
laugh.gif
rolleyes.gif

Andrew
redshift
Your motor lives longer @ 3500 than it does @ 2500.... I guess we will just have to live with that.

wink.gif

M
seanery
fan moves faster, therefore cools better is the thought on the rpm issue.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.