Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Well, today I brought home another teener!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
computers4kids
1972 1.7 06/72
Parked since 1994, with 44, 000 miles (at least that's what the receipts in the car indicate) was lost in time due to the owner's passing. It was sitting outside the last few years near some trees with one of the windows down (broken) so the inside and outside took some abuse...dirt build-up, moisture and cobwebs. Some interior pieces need to be replaced, the paint polished, but it looks like it's going to clean-up nicely. Oh...the tires are shot. No Rust anywhere! Best part...$200

Does someone have a garage stretcher?
Mark
computers4kids
Another
SGB
$200?

Damn!
It looks like a great find. How did you come across it?
computers4kids
QUOTE(SGB @ Oct 4 2007, 09:12 PM) *

$200?

Damn!
It looks like a great find. How did you come across it?

Actually, it's kind of funny. I am always looking on craiglist for that great find...

I was chatting with the gal that has been cutting my hair for the past 9 years about bringing a 914 back all the way from Oregon...and laughing what idiot I am. Then she says, my mom has a "square" porsche on her property that she would like to get rid of...inherited due to a death in the family. So she asks if I think I might want it....anyway the rest is history. She was just happy to pass it on to someone who would just want such an old car... biggrin.gif

Yeah...at one time it was a real nice car.
boxstr
Mark, You spent to much time with Jamie, LOL.
CCL
Coy
You know, you're probably going to have to stop doing that at some point.

Great find!
computers4kids
QUOTE(boxstr @ Oct 4 2007, 09:27 PM) *

CCL

Look whose talking... aktion035.gif I'd love to have a place like yours!

PS ...Your're right...Jamie is a bad influence slap.gif
angerosa
What a deal - I bet my wife would give up her space in the garage for that cheap of a parts car (I know it's too nice to be a parts car) Rare to find any without any rust. mad.gif
rhodyguy
the jamie syndrome strikes again. is it a 041 paint code car? excellent find!! i hope your barber gets a big tip the next time you go in for a trim.

k
computers4kids
Well, I cleaned it up today and stripped the interior, and a few seals. I am planning on stripping the tar mats tomorrow, do a little clean-up and por-15 the inside. I'm also going to replace the carpet, dash and a few window seals. The car will also need new seats, door panels (speaker holes) and then on to the engine. It appears to be a stock 1.7 with FI. Not telling if it runs at this point, but it is complete. Since the PO passed away, I'm thinking it just might...we'll see.

Here are some pics after it got washed...tires are shot--I think the paint will be OK with a little buffing.
Still not to sure what I'm doing with three of these things...
computers4kids
another
computers4kids
last
hcdmueller
I have an oven stretcher that you might be able to adapt. Shipping could be kind of expensive from Germany though.

The car looks great! Not bad for $200. Over here that would be a huge rust ball and still be worth more money.
rhodyguy
it cleaned up great mark. hard to belive it's the same car.

JRust
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Oct 4 2007, 09:31 PM) *

QUOTE(boxstr @ Oct 4 2007, 09:27 PM) *

CCL

Look whose talking... aktion035.gif I'd love to have a place like yours!

PS ...Your're right...Jamie is a bad influence slap.gif

Hey I resemble that remark dry.gif
Nice find Mark! 200 buck makes me drooley.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.