Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steel wool on fuel rails, etc
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bogaat
Engine is about to go back in and I am using steel wool (00) to polish up a few of the steel components on the engine (fuel rails, injector clamps, regulator, etc). What a difference! Should I worry about these guys corroding in abnormal time? Maybe a shot of clear before installing? What do you guys think? Also, should I put clamps on all of my vacuum lines? I never have on my bug, but there are many more with this fuel injection...don't want any to fall off dry.gif
beer3.gif
blitZ
It can't hurt and the last thing you want is a vacuum leak, it causes high idle issues.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Bogaat @ Oct 5 2007, 08:16 AM) *

Engine is about to go back in and I am using steel wool (00) to polish up a few of the steel components on the engine (fuel rails, injector clamps, regulator, etc). What a difference! Should I worry about these guys corroding in abnormal time? Maybe a shot of clear before installing? What do you guys think? Also, should I put clamps on all of my vacuum lines? I never have on my bug, but there are many more with this fuel injection...don't want any to fall off dry.gif
beer3.gif

If you want the CW opnion.....never mind, that's a different forum.

The fuel rails SHOULD be cad plated, but you can use steel wool (Xtra fine) to clean them up & then apply Simichrome to keep them clean & shiney. Won't past muster as CW, but they'll look great! Injecot clamps - replace them w/new - look at busdepot.com for a bargain! Regulator - should have left it alone
Pat
DanT
I wire brushed/metal polished the fuel rail and then wire brushed the injector retainers and then painted them gloss black...
scotty b
powder coated biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.