Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2 laps with Chris Foley and Tangerine Racing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turboman808
I have not had time to edit my stuff this week but for now just a few laps in a 914 with Chris from Tangerine Racing behind the wheel.

Open cockpit filming was new to me but I learned a thing or 2. Lens will get damaged and the sun shines right into the camera!!! No roof or windshield got me!!! blink.gif

This is the HD version. It won't play on slow machines.

http://stage6.divx.com/NYC-Motorsports/vid...ing-at-Limerock

Lower rez version

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v12639924QhkK9DM

HAM Inc
Very cool! Lime Rock looks like a fun track. Love the elevation changes.
Looks like it was shifting okay.
Brian_Boss
You can sure see why Lime Rock has such a reputation as a bad place to have an off track excursion. Lots of wall close to the track.

The "low res" version looks better than almost every in car film I can remember seeing. What equipment was used for this?
jd74914
Wow Nate, the high-res version was amazing biggrin.gif
ChrisFoley
Thanks for posting this Nathan.
My in-car from Friday didn't turn out as well. The camera has a spot in the center of the lens (on the inside) from using it in the rain a few weeks ago and I forgot to cover the microphone so the sound is much worse than from yours.

Len, I had to be very deliberate in my shifting but had no real trouble in the race. At least the box did not tighten up at all as the race went on.
Lime Rock is deceptive in its simplicity and takes big balls to extract maximum performance from the car there. The lack of runoff exiting the fast corners is definitely intimidating to many people.
In a FP car lowest speed is about 65mph in the lefthander and the diving turn is taken at 90+ if you have confidence. At the end of the front straight I saw nearly 7K rpm in fifth (V gear) which translates to about 115mph. The FP lap record is close to 92mph average speed. My best lap was 86+mph average last weekend driving somewhat conservatively and my best lap in the Tangerine is a tick below 90mph.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Brian_Boss @ Oct 5 2007, 07:34 PM) *

You can sure see why Lime Rock has such a reputation as a bad place to have an off track excursion. Lots of wall close to the track.

Tell me about it. I've hit the tire wall at west bend and the armco after the diving turn, both at rather high speed and both were serious wrecks. Lime Rock requires mucho repect but that doesn't mean you have to be cautious or slow. It means you have to be at the top of your game and the car has to be 100% race ready to succeed there.
One area they made significant improvement since the last time I was there is at the uphill turn entry where they added a paved runoff area and moved the Armco back. The changes were enough to throw me off after 2 years of not driving there. I couldn't find my old turn-in marker and struggled to get the entry right.

BTW, I've been unable to download the hi-res version. Any advice?
turboman808
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Oct 7 2007, 01:42 PM) *

BTW, I've been unable to download the hi-res version. Any advice?

Must be something going on with the site. Probably give it a few days. I couldn't download it as well.
ChrisFoley
Here's a link to my in-car from the dry race at NHIS in early September.
NHIS Dry Race
Not as high res as Nathan's but more laps.
Lou W
Thanks for the ride. driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.