Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I had a funny thought today...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Coy
I was out driving around in the 914 because it wasn't raining today. It was about 50-55 degrees and I had the heater on. It was doing a pretty good job, but I knew it was kind of chilly out, and it smelled a little like burning oil inside my car.

I stopped at a light and all the sudden I got a really warm feeling on the back of my seat and my neck. The first thought that popped into my head was "Holy Sh!t, my engine's on fire"!

I twisted around in the seat to look out the back window and the sun was shining right on the back of my head.

It made me laugh out loud. The girl in the car beside me looked at me like I was an idiot.

I thought it was funny. biggrin.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
Coy, I've been in Maui this past week and I'll be flying home to Beaverton (Portland) tomorrow. Your post made me laugh and CRY at the same time...it's been in the mid-to-upper 80's this whole week and I've been a snorkeling fool almost every day. Not one 914 here, couple Miatas and old British cars (under tarps or car ports) though a few nine-elebens (a nice 80's targa, too). I miss my cars but not the Ory-gun weather...oops, time to refill my rum drink and watch the sun set... drunk.gif
stateofidleness
50F??? wow... here in SA, its been 90+ and in my blazer with no AC, 105 wink.gif
Coy
Well... it's not supposed to rain until maybe later tomorrow... and then off & on all week... you know. It ain't Maui that's for sure.

I think it got somewhere close to 60 today.

Welcome home anyway! bye1.gif
Wilhelm
You gotta love "tropical" dry.gif Oregon in the winter. I was just out today in Hood River driving my recent buy, a fairly rustless 1970 914, enjoying the sun break. The car is from Reno and actually seemed to have more dust than rust. Its been raining this whole past week and suprise, suprise I opened the rear trunk and discovered I am the proud owner of an aquarium on wheels. I need to do some head scratching to figure out how the waters getting in before the trunk is no longer capable of holding water sad.gif . The weather stripping appears to be all there.

70, 70, 72 914's
85 928
BKLA
QUOTE(Coy @ Oct 5 2007, 07:47 PM) *

I was out driving around in the 914 because it wasn't raining today. It was about 50-55 degrees and I had the heater on. It was doing a pretty good job, but I knew it was kind of chilly out, and it smelled a little like burning oil inside my car.

I stopped at a light and all the sudden I got a really warm feeling on the back of my seat and my neck. The first thought that popped into my head was "Holy Sh!t, my engine's on fire"!

I twisted around in the seat to look out the back window and the sun was shining right on the back of my head.

It made me laugh out loud. The girl in the car beside me looked at me like I was an idiot.

I thought it was funny. biggrin.gif

That is some funny sh*t!!!

Yep, a little pee came out on that one. Remember, we don't tan, we rust!
PeeGreen 914
I was just out getting ice cream for my wife, and it said it was 41 out. Love the NW sad.gif

Actually I really do, but it would be better if it was always sixty five biggrin.gif
JRust
av-943.gif Coy you are one nutty dude! I' hoping the girl in the car was your wife though idea.gif Seriously though we need to take a drive before it get's real bad out.
sixnotfour

So I have my 12 yr old Christopher, watch as I get one of my 500 dollar gems out and he says "Dad sure is alot of water running out of it."
Really, as I look around insde , Hm its not wet. Chris replies "OOHH its not water its GAS" Holy crap get the garden hose.
Nice splice by PO in the fuel line with wire ties failed.
Pretty white smoke from the heat exchanger, NO Flame , YAY.
Then it rained.
Sunny today though.
rhodyguy
next to the last lawn mow for the winter yest for me. started to sprinke as i was rolling the mower into the shed.
914Mike
QUOTE(Wilhelm @ Oct 5 2007, 10:59 PM) *

... I need to do some head scratching to figure out how the waters getting in before the trunk is no longer capable of holding water sad.gif . The weather stripping appears to be all there...

dry.gif Tail Light Housings are notorious for getting loose and leaking. blink.gif
My '71 has one that's loose, but so far it's only gotten damp inside. SJ got some rain already last week, so time to get out the butyl sealer!
Lou W
It's been raining off and on all week down here in Southern Oregon.... I'm heading out to work on a fence, should be a pretty good day to work outside with a forcast of 57 degrees. Damn, all my work jackets are in storage in Kalifornia. sad.gif
scotty
QUOTE(Mike914 @ Oct 6 2007, 09:10 AM) *

QUOTE(Wilhelm @ Oct 5 2007, 10:59 PM) *

... I need to do some head scratching to figure out how the waters getting in before the trunk is no longer capable of holding water sad.gif . The weather stripping appears to be all there...

dry.gif Tail Light Housings are notorious for getting loose and leaking. blink.gif
My '71 has one that's loose, but so far it's only gotten damp inside. SJ got some rain already last week, so time to get out the butyl sealer!

I'll second that...it's always been the cause with my car.

The real fun will start when we have one of those "arctic outbreaks" with temps in the 20's and lots of sun...
914werke
av-943.gif Good One.
Just got back from Dallas where is was 90 & flippin humid blink.gif
As damp and chilly as we can be at times Ill a little drizzle
over that everyday biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Oct 6 2007, 03:32 AM) *

So I have my 12 yr old Christopher, watch as I get one of my 500 dollar gems out and he says "Dad sure is alot of water running out of it."
Really, as I look around insde , Hm its not wet. Chris replies "OOHH its not water its GAS" Holy crap get the garden hose.
Nice splice by PO in the fuel line with wire ties failed.
Pretty white smoke from the heat exchanger, NO Flame , YAY.
Then it rained.
Sunny today though.

That's not the one I sold you is it blink.gif ?
sixnotfour
That's not the one I sold you is it ?

No, the roof cleaner said "hey want another one of those?"

PeeGreen 914
Just what you needed... av-943.gif . I do wish I had that many though, without the threat of my wife killing me chair.gif .
sixnotfour
Do you still have the orange roller ? slap.gif
did you get my pm?

Its Raining BTW
PeeGreen 914
My 6? I will never get rid of that. Or are you talking about the car in the back? Still have that too. I PMed you back if you are talking about the brakes. Haven't received another though.
sixnotfour
I PMed you back if you are talking about the brakes

never got it.
PeeGreen 914
Sent another.
sixnotfour
got it
phone is unop,. in for repair . no numbers.

Still Raining
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.