Full Version: Ummm...uh...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
I am speechless...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...sspagenameZWDVW

DanT
I like it. biggrin.gif
Dave_Darling
Looks like a good alternative to the NLA 73-only 1.7 paper air filter setup.

--DD
boxstr
No mistaking. It is a PORSCHE.
CCL
Krieger
That some serious pride! ....or he's just compensating for his small displacement
jonferns
holes drilled in the HE's?

Click to view attachment

confused24.gif
jd74914
I like the Up-Dates . . . he sounds just like my roomate laugh.gif

I didn't understand tho SSI's either Jon screwy.gif
Spoke
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Oct 6 2007, 12:15 AM) *

holes drilled in the HE's??????

It looks like all of the heating tubing has been removed. Thus no moving air from the engine fan thus no cooling air going into the HE's. He needed to remove the HE altogether or drill the holes. BTW, the holes only work when the car is moving.

I just don't understand why so much time & $$$ would be spent on the engine and car in general, then remove the heating system. Even if the booster fan is removed from the engine compartment, the engine fan would still provide some heat.

Spoke
purple
in that pic of the SSI's, can you guys see the gap between the CV joints and the output flange? I have this same gap and my CV's are flinging grease everywhere. Methinks he should spend some time on putting in seals and less time dicking with expensive HE's
TINCAN914
Clean, but WTF is with the big wig and the Flippin prop on the back av-943.gif Get some big 22's on there and some curb feelers and you got a hit.. laugh.gif
BMartin914
QUOTE(TINCAN914 @ Oct 6 2007, 06:04 AM) *

Clean, but WTF is with the big wig and the Flippin prop on the back av-943.gif Get some big 22's on there and some curb feelers and you got a hit.. laugh.gif

When I first glanced at the thumbnails in the auction ad, I thought he had the targa panel resting on the rear deck lid - then I enlarged the pic and saw that it was actually a spoiler made out of only half a targa panel. huh.gif
73Phoenix20
Hmmm...

Seems he plumbed everything with vinyl tubing from Ace hardware...

Should burn nicely... lots of sooty black smoke...

WWHT???
DanT
the boat prop covers his trailer hitch receiver guys.... dry.gif

may not be to your tastes, but it is clean, and it is his resto/mod. biggrin.gif

kind of like putting a subbie or SBC into a 914, not my taste but it is that person's car. Car looks pretty clean for a car from that region of the states. smile.gif
Rand
What is the vinyl hose that connects to the driver's side of the air intake tube? In the pics it just runs down to the lower front corner and is ziptied... But connects to nothing? It's after the air cleaner. It doesn't make sense to be left open. Unless it's one of those custom dirt-injection hoses! laugh.gif

In all the pics, I don't see it connecting to anything. What is it? Seems a bit big, but perhaps vapor recovery from fuel tank / charcoal canister?

IPB Image
ThinAir
That hose connects to the fuel tank vent/charcoal cannister.
You can see the connection in this photo
URY914
Give the guy a break. It's sounds like a labor of love.

I've seen much worse.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(URY914 @ Oct 6 2007, 02:25 PM) *

I've seen much worse.

And I am SURE that this car would beat Gaglione's beige car in the concours competition!
So.Cal.914

If you have been looking at OR for a 914

the 1970>1971’s are getting harder to find,

Especially in GOOD/GREAT Original Condition!!

They’re usually rusted out or chopped up, Engines changed to Carbs. if Injectors had a problem Or 1.7L to 2.0.

Well let me tell you about this Survivor >

biggrin.gif

av-943.gif

URY914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 6 2007, 01:34 PM) *

QUOTE(URY914 @ Oct 6 2007, 02:25 PM) *

I've seen much worse.

And I am SURE that this car would beat Gaglione's beige car in the concours competition!

This guy DOES have a big trophy. And Steve???...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.