Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GGR AX #9
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
DanT
how many brave souls will come out to test the new surface at the Stick? confused24.gif

come out and try your luck beating up on the Puttputt biggrin.gif
Dave_Darling
Heh. I figure I'll be doing well to get within 5 seconds of the puttputt... Not to say I won't try.

--DD
DanT
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Oct 6 2007, 10:45 AM) *

Heh. I figure I'll be doing well to get within 5 seconds of the puttputt... Not to say I won't try.

--DD

would be great to see you out at an event Dave biggrin.gif
Chris Hamilton
What's a puttputt?
DanT
QUOTE(Chris Hamilton @ Oct 6 2007, 07:59 PM) *

What's a puttputt?

my phoenix red 914-4
Chris Hamilton
I could try my luck beating it then.

I might not, but that blue 914 is so fast that even with my very limited skill in handling the car I was still in the top 15 at marina.

Are we going to have any more 3-point turns at this next event?
DanT
there were no 3 point turns if you drove it correctly smile.gif

I am not designing the candlestick course, so I have no idea... sad.gif
grantsfo
Think I'll be there to give a shot at beating "Put put" in "ye old crap box". Hope we dont get rained on. If its raining I will show up in team pirates "secret weapon".
DanT
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Oct 7 2007, 06:27 PM) *

Think I'll be there to give a shot at beating "Put put" in "ye old crap box". Hope we dont get rained on. If its raining I will show up in team pirates "secret weapon".

Grant, at this time of year we don't say the "R" word...

biggrin.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Oct 7 2007, 09:15 PM) *

QUOTE(grantsfo @ Oct 7 2007, 06:27 PM) *

Grant, at this time of year we don't say the "R" word...

biggrin.gif

As long as it isnt sloppy wet its fun to drive a rain course occasionally, but 914's really dont do well on rain slick courses for me. However the Mazdaspeed 6 goes from being a so so AX car to a TTOD contenter when things get wet. I'd swear it handles better on rainy courses than dry due to rear end breaking loose under power when its wet. I can actually get the big thing to turn with some power oversteer on slicker surfaces. Its also more enjoyable to drive in the rain as it has a top, winshield wipers and heated seats. LOL!
Dave_Darling
Crap, I'm out. A combination of a large sleep debt and a hand injury are conspiring to keep me from driving.

--DD
grantsfo
Dave you missed a great ice skating event!
Chris Pincetich
biggrin.gif
What a day!
I worked the AM with Alan, a really good local driver I had never met. He told me a lot about local SCCA AX racing and drove his Cayman S very well. By the end of the day he had a perfect drift through the gravel at the last turn, no spins. 109.xxx. TTOD was lower I think.

Perserverence paid off for me, and after many slow runs full sliding nightmares I hooked up on the clean path in the afternoon for 2 runs at 112.xx. I'm pretty happy overall that after 6 runs I got some good times beerchug.gif

This was the first AX event that I saw street sweeper truck on the course, an ambulance, and ate a pastrami and egg burrito all on the same day. CRAZY w00t.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.