Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Winter Storage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
championgt1
Well since I will be parking my car for the winter should I be adding fuel stabilizer to the gas. I most likely will not be driving the car regularly until spring. So I guess that's about 6 or 7 months. What do you think?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(championgt1 @ Oct 6 2007, 12:06 PM) *

Well since I will be parking my car for the winter should I be adding fuel stabilizer to the gas. I most likely will not be driving the car regularly until spring. So I guess that's about 6 or 7 months. What do you think?

yes and a full tank of gas and overinflated tires. Run the car until the stabilizer gets into the injection system AND make sure that the storage area is not humid! (not usually in the winter)
PeeGreen 914
Hey Dr. Why would you do that for such a short time? I know why the tires, but the fuel stabilizer? Does that really help? I have never stored a car that long, but in case I do it would be good to know.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
I have used Sta-BL Since 2000 in my 914 ,son uses it for storeing his Snow Mobile. Great stuff I never have had a problem in the spring,Just hook up the Battery,pump the excellerator twice ,turn the key fires up by the 3ed revolution.
I like it ! Dave slap.gif
PeeGreen 914
So what is the reason for using it though? Does the gas break down over time?
GeorgeRud
The sorry mixture of garbage that we are sold for fuel today needs all the help it can get. Sta-Bil has been a way of life in the Northern climes where the cars are stored over the winter.

Any gasoline breaks down over time, and the additive helps to slow this process down. Supposedly, the gas is already degrading after a month, so a long winter storage can really gum things up.

I've gone as far as putting the car on jack stands for the winter, or used the wheel dollies to try to prevent flatspotting of the tires.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.