Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turndown at the Karmann werks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1970 Neun vierzehn
I see the Associated Press is reporting that the Karmann folks are going to furlough 1800 workers because of a downturn in orders from VW, M-B, and Audi. According to the report, that is about 25% of their workforce. I have a solution....

.......get Hans and Franz to get the tools and dies out from behind the warehouse and start tooling up and stamping out a run of 914 "bodies in white", say 10,000. biggrin.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Oct 6 2007, 12:10 PM) *

I see the Associated Press is reporting that the Karmann folks are going to furlough 1800 workers because of a downturn in orders from VW, M-B, and Audi. According to the report, that is about 25% of their workforce. I have a solution....

.......get Hans and Franz to get the tools and dies out from behind the warehouse and start tooling up and stamping out a run of 914 "bodies in white", say 10,000. biggrin.gif

you are always thinking. What a FABULOUS idea!
davep
At the right price they would sell like hotcakes.
1970 Neun vierzehn
Oh, and while they're at it............ tell them to use somekindazincgalvanizedsteeltreatment for the love of Pete er, Klaus.
orthobiz
Do the tools/dies/whatever to stamp out bodies still exist? Or were they destroyed?

When Porsche did the Thyssen galvanized process back in 1977 model year, it was a big deal because Porsche was such a small company and it involved retooling everything, from what I remember.
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Oct 6 2007, 12:10 PM) *

.......get Hans and Franz to get the tools and dies out from behind the warehouse and start tooling up and stamping out a run of 914 "bodies in whiteYellow", say 10,000. biggrin.gif

They could make them faster. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.