Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: VIN record keeping.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1970 Neun vierzehn
A question for Andy or those keeping track of the Forum members VINs.

Would there be a way to add a 914s VIN that appears on a Craiglist or eBay that doesn't belong to a World participant? The addition of those serial numbers would/could be a welcome source of filling out VINs that don't show up on our list. Perhaps they could be tagged as F/S (for sale) or N/M (non member) in the listing. I realize that just adding the VIN doesn't do much except telling us that the car still does survive and can be accounted for. Or perhaps, you guys are already doing this, in which case , never mind.

Paul
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we have our files set up to record the numbers if someone would volunteer to search and report owner name vin and color. We have not been doing any of them but the 914 sixes yet we have over 33,000 owners listed over the last four years.
jaminM3
I think there are people already doing this. I always check out the Ebay listings and have a spreadsheet that I keep the VIN#, Chassis#, color, and Date. Only Ebay though. Many other places don't list the VIN# often enough. smile.gif
davep
There are a variety of ways. As a VIN Admin you can forward information to me to add to the database.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=74444

I have been keeping my own lists for 30 years. My 914/4 list is over 1400 entries with a variety of data, and it includes over 300 body numbers. My 914/6 list has over 600 entries with a variety of data. Very few on either list is just a VIN and nothing else, since that is not very useful by itself.

Due to some confidentiality agreements, my lists are not public. However, in most cases you can ask for specific information.
SirAndy
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Oct 6 2007, 01:59 PM) *

Would there be a way to add a 914s VIN that appears on a Craiglist or eBay that doesn't belong to a World participant?

yes! so, are you volunteering to be a VIN admin?
biggrin.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.