Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: I have a problem...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
So my 914 is up on jackstands right now. Hopefully, not for too much longer. I picked up a 74 Capri (it's a basket case) for next to nothing, and it's sitting in the driveway. It's the next project. I have my brother-in-laws jeep in our driveway too. He says he's selling it, but I am not too sure. Then there is the mini-van and the jetta.

A guy I been chasing for about 2 years is finally getting ready to give me his 65 VW squareback. It hasn't run in a long time, but it looks ok. I haven't looked closely at it.

Anyone in SoCal have some space where I could "rest" the squareback for a little while? I don't want to pass on it, but I might have to sad.gif

Let me know.

Thanks.
rjames
Sorry for the hi-jack, but weren't the early Capri's equipped with a nice German engine? I had a buddy in highschool with one of those, and I seem to remember it being able to move pretty fast. Fun little car.
KaptKaos
QUOTE(rjames @ Oct 6 2007, 03:46 PM) *

Sorry for the hi-jack, but weren't the early Capri's equipped with a nice German engine? I had a buddy in highschool with one of those, and I seem to remember it being able to move pretty fast. Fun little car.

I consider it a friendly icon_bump.gif

And yes, they had some decent motors. Mine has a 2.8 V6. Whether or not it runs, remains to be seen.
Twystd1
YUP.

The Capri had a 2.6 in the earlier cars and a 2.8 in the later cars.

The only issues that I remember is that the rods are weak as hell IF you over rev em.
And The cam gear goes South if you like spinning the engine up a lot.

In my 2.8 I had a cam, different rods and rod bolts, header, and an aftermarket cam gear. I think the cam gear and cam was made by Crown manufacturing.

The little sucker hauled ass for a little 6. That would of been in 1984.
Ahhhhh.. The good old days........

Clayton
SLITS
QUOTE(rjames @ Oct 6 2007, 03:46 PM) *

The first ones in were a 2000 cc 4 cylinder. Engine was based on the Ford 105E block. Wasn't to shabby.

The 2600 V6 was an "odd fire" engine that ate cam gears, but it was fast ..... wheeeeeee. Major problem was the rear quarter windows. The latch was glued to the window ..... one would be driving down the street, the glue bond would break and wella ..... window falls out and shatters.

The 2800 became a smog dog.

Since my memory is failing ..... this could be a lie. To go sedan racing in Eurpoe, supposedly the V6 was fitted with DOHC heads and was a screamer. I think Sam Posey drove it.

Loved the cars!
KaptKaos
Guys, I love you and all, but this really isn't supposed to be about my capri (which is a rusting heap at the moment, but does have an offenhausher intake and holley 4 barrel) but about finding a temporary place to drop a squareback.

And yes, racing capris had Cosworth heads with 4 valves and we're screamin' fast.
JoeSharp
So Joe, who's cat is that in your sig? I wana put Fuzzy in for training, he might be able to take down adults. I have a time limit on stuff left here. Anything left over 30 days becomes the property of Team NARP.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.