Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Time to reinstall the heat
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shelby/914
I'm about to put on the SSI's and hook up my heat. It's a '76 but I already have changed over to stock '73/4 2.0L heat exchangers, muffler and hanger. Have all of the early tubes beadblasted and ready for some type of protection. I'm sure a couble of cans of hi-temp header paint is cheaper, but will hi-temp powdercoating last longer/give better rust protedtion.
Rusty
I think that long-term, you'll be happier with powder coating. smile.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

I power coated every part of the heating system except the SS heat exchangers

bought a new new Bursch system I installed it as bought to be able to drive

now. One of my winter projects is to send it to Jet Hot for Coating. On other

systems I have use a high temp. paint for Barbecue Grills with very good

succes. And it,s about 1\2 the price of the well know high temp. paint,i.e.

V.H.T. Dave slap.gif

SLITS
Rust Bullet makes a hi-temp paint ... good to 1200 degrees ... not cheap, but an alternative.
solex
Powered Coating all the way.
Hammy
How much does it run you to get the heater system (minus exchangers) bead blasted and powder coated?
rhodyguy
you might find p.c makes some of connection points for the ducting, warm air elbows, j-tubes, etc, a bit tight. test fit and fine tune while the hes are off the car. ALOT easier. i learned the difficult way. put the elbows on the hes prior to putting them on. again, easier.

k
BMartin914
QUOTE(Hammy @ Oct 7 2007, 12:29 PM) *

How much does it run you to get the heater system (minus exchangers) bead blasted and powder coated?

yeah, how much D?
shelby/914
Ben, have not really checked out the price of the powdercoating. All the parts are already blasted. Q-tip did it after work so the price was $0.00. What is going to cost me for you to show some Sunday and lend a hand?
BMartin914
QUOTE(shelby/914 @ Oct 7 2007, 06:41 PM) *

Ben, have not really checked out the price of the powdercoating. All the parts are already blasted. Q-tip did it after work so the price was $0.00. What is going to cost me for you to show some Sunday and lend a hand?

Nothing. But not this next time...

I had one side off, and the other fell off on the way out of the Costco parking lot in Gypsum. biggrin.gif Why not bead blast both sides and PC if it's reasonable?

We'll do both cars. Mine and yours! idea.gif Relocate remote oil cooler lines too! shades.gif
TROJANMAN
Dan,
You should get the SSI's from Brant.
I'm pretty sure he still has them ,since that other joker passed on them.

smile.gif
BMartin914
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Oct 7 2007, 07:35 PM) *

Dan,
You should get the SSI's from Brant.
I'm pretty sure he still has them ,since that other joker passed on them.

smile.gif

Hmmm...I do have a motorbike that needs delivered... biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.