Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Talladega Superspeedway
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rusty
I'm leaving EARLY tomorrow morning for the race at Talladega... the weather is supposed to be good... the race should be fun to watch.

Anyone else going? smile.gif

P.S. Please don't turn this into a NASCAR-hating thread - if you need to do that, start your own. I like all kinds of motorsports. driving.gif
SGB
have a great time. Its quite an experience,
SLITS
I wish ..... went to the Monster Mile once .... what a show and treat.
Rusty
I got back a little while ago... it was my second time at Talladega... and this race was much more fun to watch.

Matt was doing very well until he got sucked into the bumper-car game on turn four. What a shame... he's really one of the best drivers out there.

I'm FAR from a Gordon fan, but his win from behind was disciplined and very well-executed. Very old school driving.

Ron, if you want to come to Talladega in the spring, let me know!
Lou W
QUOTE(Rusty @ Oct 7 2007, 07:47 PM) *

I got back a little while ago... it was my second time at Talladega... and this race was much more fun to watch.

Matt was doing very well until he got sucked into the bumper-car game on turn four. What a shame... he's really one of the best drivers out there.

I'm FAR from a Gordon fan, but his win from behind was disciplined and very well-executed. Very old school driving.

Ron, if you want to come to Talladega in the spring, let me know!

There was a good article on the NASCAR website about Gordon's strategey.... sit and wait, he said that it was pretty hard for him to sit back and wait. driving.gif

I've been to Phoenix and Fontana, both were a blast, soooo much better in person.
Rusty
On the way home, I was listening to the NASCAR channel on Sirius... when Gordon was interviewed, he said the same thing.

I was in the third row... tiny bits of melted tire were being thrown up from the track - my face and clothing were speckled with black dots. I wore earplugs most of the race. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.