Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 spotted in Denver, Colorado
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
A&PGirl
Lime-green 914 shades.gif going South on 1-25 in the far left lane with a big guy driving it. It had a gold VW badge to the left of the rear trunk lock. Texas plate started with a "V" follwed by an "A". This was yesterday around noon local time. Anybody own this one?

Gint
What were you doing in Colorado and not letting us know so we could have lunch and BS?
Ferg
I saw the same car in Golden about 11am Saturday morning.

It's a Ravenna green car biggrin.gif

Ferg
TROJANMAN
did you offer to buy it?
A&PGirl
What was I doing in Denver? My Dad and I were buying two motorcycles. It would have almost been impossible to meet with you guys, make the prearranged meetings for the bikes and drive home. As it turned we had to stop at Home Depot in Northglenn to make emergency repairs to the trailer after getting the tar beat out of us by the wind from Wichita to Burlington, CO.

We pulled in around 3:00AM local time after being on the road since 7:00AM. My dad and I are still wacko.gif wacko.gif. We were yellowsleep[1].gif yellowsleep[1].gif untill contractors for PSO came by at 7:15-7:30AM to clear trees.

They are still at it.
Gint
That Home Depot is about 4 miles form my house. Next time let us know ahead of time. We can give you some numbers and be available for assistance!

Oh and I almost forgot...

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
BMartin914
QUOTE(A&PGirl @ Oct 8 2007, 10:57 AM) *

after getting the tar beat out of us by the wind from Wichita to Burlington, CO.

At least you had some fabulous scenery... yellowsleep[1].gif
A&PGirl
OT pictures

Click to view attachment

'02 Yamaha XT225 (blue)
'94 Yamaha XT225 SEROW (green/yellow)

Click to view attachment
A&PGirl
OT Pictures

Click to view attachment

Close up of SEROW

Click to view attachment

Close up of the XT225

Yes, that is a 914 behind the trailer
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(BMartin914 @ Oct 8 2007, 08:42 PM) *

after getting the tar beat out of us by the wind from Wichita to Burlington, CO.

That is quite possibly the worst drive in America. huh.gif
RoninEclipse2G
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Oct 11 2007, 11:10 AM) *

QUOTE(BMartin914 @ Oct 8 2007, 08:42 PM) *

That is quite possibly the worst drive in America. huh.gif

not possibly, IS.

the route through raton and dumas is much better and the wind is nowhere near as harsh.
Gint
Having just arrived in Salt Lake today after driving all the way across Wyoming on I-80 yet again, I don't know if that drive is the worst. ;p
RoninEclipse2G
QUOTE(Gint @ Oct 11 2007, 04:55 PM) *

Having just arrived in Salt Lake today after driving all the way across Wyoming on I-80 yet again, I don't know if that drive is the worst. ;p

hmmm, never been that way (never had a need to) so unfortunately I can't compare. why the hell would you need to drive through wyoming to go to salt lake? I-70 not good enough?
Gint
I used to do a loop. Out on I-70 and up through Price into SL. Then on the way back 15 and over 80. They're both about the same time and distance. I didn't feel like hauling a trailer up over the Divide this time around.
shelby/914
Basically did the same thing trailering the Shelby to Miller Motor Sports. Out I70 and back 80 which seemed to be a little easier pull but not nearly as pretty.
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Gint @ Oct 11 2007, 03:55 PM) *

Kansas is worse. At least you get some hills going 80
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.