Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '69 2.0S block cracked :(
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Sparky
Some gorilla unsure.gif was tightening the AN fitting into the case and forgot that he IS a gorilla and therefore when someone says crank it down he should tighten loosely.... He also forgot that the magnesium case is prone to cracking on the oil jacket.

But since I've got this cousin who is a welder he can fix my, errr the gorilla's mistake headbang.gif , if I can find out the right grade of magnesium he can order the correct filler and fix my block. Fixed block means power, power means motivation, which means I'll be driving it soon!!!

Anyone know?

Thanks!
Mike D.
'73 conversion w/'69 2.0S (6) 7&9 5 bolt Fuchs and flares
ejm
Give Chris Foley a call. I know he welds tranny cases... welder.gif

Umm...wasn't mine...really
ChrisFoley
I have some magnesium filler wire. I don't know what alloy, but it has worked well on tranny cases and other Mg items in the past.
Sparky
Chris intereted in parting with some? I cold come down and pick it up sometime next week if so. I'm across the border in Mass.

Thanks!
Mike
joea9146
QUOTE(ejm @ Dec 27 2003, 08:59 PM)
Give Chris Foley a call. I know he welds tranny cases... welder.gif

Umm...wasn't mine...really

It was mine..... still holding up looks Good. Just have Chris weld the case for you.
Welding Magnesium is tricky and I know Chris is one of the few that will even attempt this type of repair.

Bring him the case.....
Sparky
Actually thats an excellent idea, I really dont want to tear down the motor as it was a recent build. Chris contact me and I'll bring the motor down for you to look at.

508-943-5467

Hey look everybody my number is posted!! WoooHooo!!! Actaully and listers feel like calling and chatting Porschce or whatever fell free to call, just keep in mind I have a 6 year old and a 4 year old . So please don't call after 11PM EST. Actually I could care less what time the phone rings the wife gets a little grumpy confused24.gif

My best to all....

Mike D.
ChrisFoley
Mike,
I'll call you soon. I'll be in and out of the shop this week, but I should be able to hook up with you.
Make sure the engine is well drained and we'll see if it can be done without disassembling.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.