Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best rubber treatment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
whitey
What is the best product to use on our old rubber?
73Phoenix20
I like 301 Aircraft Protectant...

Get it at most West Marine stores...

Maybe some auto parts places carry it now???

Or if you want it "shiny", try "Back To Black" or whatever they are calling that stuff nowadays...
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(whitey @ Oct 9 2007, 11:06 AM) *

For weatherstripping , Boots & seals - glycerine. No priducts with silcones in them. Glycerine is readily available at your drug store. Little goes a long way.

For tubber bumper tops, there are a bunch of techniques - do a search on all forums. I don't like the Back to Black product because it is a dye, not a protectant.
Pat
73Phoenix20
Ummm... I prolly got the name wrong...

The stuff i was referring to is a Protectant, and is a rather thick white/gray liquid...

Wipe it on, let it sit for a few, and buff it off. No dye involved. I will look tomorrow and see if I still have some...
orthobiz
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Oct 9 2007, 10:31 PM) *

I don't like the Back to Black product because it is a dye, not a protectant.
Pat

Back To Black: isn't it a murky white fluid? Doesn't seem like it's a dye...

Paul
DanT
it is 303 protectant, it is non-petroleum based. Works well on rubber, plastic, fiberglass and painted surfaces...(no this is not like Armorall)

it is widely sold in the RV industry...I use it on my RV and my Waverunner. Tires, hull, trailer,,,works on just about everything.

it is not cheap...but it works and it lasts very well.
73Phoenix20
Yep, "303 Aerospace Protectant"... that's good stuff...

The other stuff is called "Mother's Back To Black", and is not a dye...

it is a "murky white fluid"! Works pretty good, but prolly has some silly cone in it, so don't get it on your paint...
Eric_Shea
Calling "Jiffy"... Oh Mr. Black Spot!!! Pick-up the white courtesy phone av-943.gif

Back to serious mode. I echo 303. I used it on my river gear (dry bag zippers, dry suit seals etc)
John
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Oct 9 2007, 06:31 PM) *

QUOTE(whitey @ Oct 9 2007, 11:06 AM) *

For weatherstripping , Boots & seals - glycerine. No priducts with silcones in them. Glycerine is readily available at your drug store. Little goes a long way.

For tubber bumper tops, there are a bunch of techniques - do a search on all forums. I don't like the Back to Black product because it is a dye, not a protectant.
Pat

Do you have to ask for it? What section would they have it in? What is it used for? I have NEVER seen this at my Walgreens.
73Phoenix20
I would ask the pharmacist, but it used to come in a small brown bottle, like a small cough syrup bottle...

Might try the skin care aisle...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.