Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wheels?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rufio0205
hey guys, i dont like my 4 lug original fuchs on my 73 914...here is a picture of one of them. they are all identical...my question is...what kind of wheels can i get and what is the optimal size? Click to view attachment
TROJANMAN
Sorry, the Fuch is the only wheel available for the 914.

av-943.gif

I'm sure if you do a search you will find hundreds of posts about this subject wink.gif
Rand
Optimal size for what? Do you know what size tires you want to run? What are your goals? Street? AX or track racing? Do you want to stretch / flare your fenders? What's your budget? Do you just want something that looks different?

[edit] Trojanman will trade you straight across for some classic steelies. poke.gif [/edit]
DanT
how about some custom 7x15 steelies, or polish up your Fuchs or you could go with 8 spokers
DanT
or these that I hand refinished myself....they looked kind of like yours when I started. biggrin.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Rand @ Oct 9 2007, 03:31 PM) *

[edit] Trojanman will trade you straight across for some classic steelies. poke.gif [/edit]

hehehe
and i have a set too biggrin.gif
swl
There's a pretty complete article over on the bird board.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...wheel_types.htm
DanT
or these with my street tires smile.gif
rufio0205
im not doing anything fancy just want a nice set of black wheels that would look good on the car. i dont want to modify anything that has to do with the body.
G e o r g e
heres a black look it looks good in pedrini as well
Rand
6" or less wide, 4-lug, black. We're starting to narrow it down.

Gregor, put down the spray can and step away from those wheels. biggrin.gif
DanT
wheels all black, or just the centers?
rufio0205
all black...something that can go well with a dark window tint and a "PORSCHE" decal on the bottom of the doors
G e o r g e
All black 4 bolts no Affilation shades.gif
rufio0205
i wont lie. those are hideous
G e o r g e
QUOTE(rufio0205 @ Oct 9 2007, 05:50 PM) *

i wont lie. those are hideous

Come on he used the best rustoleum he could find
rufio0205
i wouldn't take those if someone gave them to me..because who in the world would buy them...no id like all black maybe like a 5 or 6 spoke. with a chrome trim to kind of like soften the all black wheels and tires....
DanT
more like post #8?
rufio0205
yeah....something like that, similar to those...but those have too many spokes
G e o r g e

I know your not looking for 5 lug but what about this finish?
Click to view attachment

Here's how Tony did it

pick a wheel you like an have them finished the way you want smilie_flagge24.gif
rufio0205
i like the powder coat idea. i like the matte look. i just need to find a 4-lug i like...or go the extreme route and spend a ton of money i dont have to replace front struts and rear axle...and convert to 5 lug then the big problem is pretty much resolved...haha.
DanT
QUOTE(rufio0205 @ Oct 9 2007, 05:07 PM) *

wow, tough crowd smile.gif
rufio0205
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Oct 9 2007, 09:17 PM) *

QUOTE(rufio0205 @ Oct 9 2007, 05:07 PM) *

wow, tough crowd smile.gif

hey. this is my dream car. so. i can be as picky as i want...thank you. hahaha biggrin.gif
Rand
You should go through the links we posted previously, find a wheel you like, put an ad in the classifieds, and have them powder coated. You may even be able to get enough $$$ out of your Fuchs to cover most of the expense. Heck, you may even be able to profit on the deal. Those Fuchs are more desirable to most people.
Snafu
IPB Image
Rand
There ya go. I was just about to suggest Rivieras. Five bars baby. And you could come out ahead on a trade.
rufio0205
i think i found a winner!!!!! those are sweet. the question is. would i need to replace the current tires i have to fit 'em...any modification to the body? anything else i would need to do to make that work?
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(rufio0205 @ Oct 9 2007, 06:04 PM) *

i think i found a winner!!!!! those are sweet. the question is. would i need to replace the current tires i have to fit 'em...any modification to the body? anything else i would need to do to make that work?

I have a set on the side of m house. I will gladly make an even trade with you happy11.gif
Snafu
AFAIK, you should be able to use your same tires. and they are a direct replacement.
G e o r g e
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Oct 9 2007, 07:06 PM) *

QUOTE(rufio0205 @ Oct 9 2007, 06:04 PM) *

I have a set on the side of m house. I will gladly make an even trade with you happy11.gif

If riv's are your choice I'll have the set i have powder coated for you at an even trade aktion035.gif stirthepot.gif
G e o r g e
and i'll send you the proper lugs as well, and i'll take the long ones that won't work for you at an even trade happy11.gif
rufio0205
wow. guys, lets slow down..i am not ready to just pop those suckers off and sell them...i just wanted to know options and now that i know ive got some. i'm going to do a little research. how much the new ones cost. what the old ones could go for. and if i want to get rid of them...because obviously they are highly sought after seeeing as like 5 people have already tried bying them out from under mea (thats my 914's name). haha
TravisNeff
Enkie
Foster
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Oct 9 2007, 09:23 PM) *

Enkie

agree.gif
Been looking for a deal on a set of those myself.
Anyone looking to part with some?
Got 2 sets of rivies I'd gladly trade for them. happy11.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(rufio0205 @ Oct 9 2007, 07:18 PM) *

wow. guys, lets slow down..i am not ready to just pop those suckers off and sell them...i just wanted to know options and now that i know ive got some. i'm going to do a little research. how much the new ones cost. what the old ones could go for. and if i want to get rid of them...because obviously they are highly sought after seeeing as like 5 people have already tried bying them out from under mea (thats my 914's name). haha

Yes, they are worth a fortune. They are almost as rare as the highly sought after Rivieras. You should sell them in the classifieds and post a price of One Millllllion Dollars
IPB Image

rufio0205
haha, i wish. i mean, that means i would have gotten a bargain on the car. haha.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.