Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Due in...January 08...brrrrrrr
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stephenaki
Well, my buddies dropped the 914 off in Norfolk so it is now in the hands of the Navy. Got an email from Sven, Air Force buddy, and he said the car should be in Italy around January! Holy Crap!

So there will be a slight change in plans on how I get it to Stuttgart, right now I plan on changing out the tires, required by German law, to winter tires and driving her up to Livorno without installing the heat exchangers. Should be warm enough on the mediteranean to do this in the day.

Once in Livorno my buddy and I will put the sucker on a train and ride the train with it to Frankfurt where it is about a 2 hour drive back south to Stuttgart. Figure this would be the easiest method to get her here and I don't have to worry about driving the Alps in the snow. That and my buddy is leary about me trying to test the limits of the cars ability in the Alps in the winter.

Once I get her to Stuttgart I will put on the heat exchangers and then she'll be ready for daily driving for the winter. Yeah, while everyone is putting there cars in storage for the winter I plan on using mine the most in winter. Easier to deal with black ice in a car than on my motorcycle. As it is, I am riding into work and the morning temps have been about 2 to 3 degrees above freezing. When it gets really cold...I'm taking the bus! At least until I get the 914 set up for the winter.
watsonrx13
Sounds like a great plan...

Post many pics of you and the car....

Enjoy the motoring in the Fatherland and be careful...

-- Rob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.