Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AC...sacrililege to some but...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stephenaki
OK, as I contemplate the things I want to do with this car, AC is one of them. Since it is a 72 it didn't come with it. What options are out there for adding an AC system and what pros and cons are there?

Remember, this ain't gonna be a stock car or a concourse car, if I'm gonna customize it...I'm gonna CUSTOMIZE it. Besides, the wife is downright head spins around evil happy11.gif in hot weather and I don't need that if she is in the car on a really hot and humid day. I won't be in Germany forever, just 3 years then I will more than likely wind up back down south in Tennesse or Georgia; definately need AC in July and August!
alpha434
Dig an AC system out of some old 912E. Make a bracket. Easy.
mrhurtalot
if its possible to implant, ill be taking the one out of my 74 2.0

needs a bit of work but its in pretty good shape! just let me know.
stephenaki
QUOTE(mrhurtalot @ Oct 10 2007, 10:45 AM) *

Group consensus, I am not too knowledgeable in this area, can this be done with a 2.0 and putting it on a base line 1.7?

Brian_Boss
QUOTE(stephenaki @ Oct 12 2007, 08:11 AM) *

Group consensus, I am not too knowledgeable in this area, can this be done with a 2.0 and putting it on a base line 1.7?

If I understand your question correctly (i.e. Can you put a 2.0 AC system on a 1.7 car), the answer is yes. Both systems (DPD and VPC) are the same for all 4 cylinder cars.
stephenaki
QUOTE(Brian_Boss @ Oct 12 2007, 07:06 AM) *

QUOTE(stephenaki @ Oct 12 2007, 08:11 AM) *

If I understand your question correctly (i.e. Can you put a 2.0 AC system on a 1.7 car), the answer is yes. Both systems (DPD and VPC) are the same for all 4 cylinder cars.

cool, thanks much.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.