Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: played with an Elise on Monday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
Due to perfect weather on Monday, I took the day off. I decided to run one of my most prefered teener tours, to the Plansee. The 1st part is a major route through Tirol, but after about 1 hour you have to leave this one and enter a wonderful tiny and twisty road through the alps and to the banks of the Plansee.
Directly at the lake I parked my teener and enjoyed sun and wind, water and weather. I absolutely love the perfect conditions of fall, and all the lovley colours on the trees and their glow in the flat sunshine ... wub.gif
Well, while enjoying live, a guy with an Elise drove quite ambitioned through this area and I realized that he turned his head for my teener. After another couple of minutes I decided to go on, entered the teener, and cruised along the banks of the lake. Then I saw the Elise standing on a parking next to the road. When the guy saw me, he started the engine and followed me. The next couple of miles were the most twisty part of the tour. I looked at the rear view mirror and saw the guy with a wide smile - so we started a kind of "hunt through the Ammergauer Alps" biggrin.gif One turn followed by another, only very short straight passages, 180° turns and fast wide turns. That was sooooo amazing. I always checked the mirror and saw that he had no problems to follow me, but he wasn't able to overtake me. driving.gif Well, it would have been to risky, too. After about 5 min "racing through the woods" we met 2 family vans on the road and I decided not to overtake them, I considered it as a suicide maneuver. But the Elice driver had an other point of view ... on a little longer straight part he overtook all 3 of us, but beside me he "waited" for a second, nodded his head, waved his hand and ... vroom ... led us in the dust ...
All in all this was my coolest teener tour this season.
Tonight I could post one or another photo from this lovley place ...
bye1.gif Gustl
echocanyons
Sounds like good fun! driving.gif

please do.
DEC
Wolfgang,
you plays with girls on the street? tongue.gif

Wilco aktion035.gif
grantsfo
The Elise is an amazing little car. My car has similar power to weight as an Elise, but I have a little more tire. My 914 and well setup Elise are so close it comes down to driver on the track. I usually can get around naturally aspirated Elises. I have no chance of passing the supercharged Excige. I was all over a guy in a Supercharged Excige and everytime I'd go to pass that supercharged car would have just enough power to hold my hard charging 914-6. Biggest differnce is the guys in the Elises drive to the track and my car is trailered!

If Elise was cheaper - say $30K new I'd buy one.
dlo914
Nice Gustl! Speaking of Elises i think i found URY914's Elise Twin, this Elise Spyder belongs to Sector 111 and weighs in at 1600lbs:
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Sorry for the hi-jack. Oh yeah post the pic of the Elise ya played with!

grantsfo
An Excige assuming its natural postion behind a 914. biggrin.gif
Gustl
QUOTE(DEC @ Oct 10 2007, 05:04 PM) *
Wolfgang,
you play with girls on the street? tongue.gif

of course, Wilco
as long as I don't have a permanent co driver, I'm allowed to biggrin.gif

driving.gif Gustl
Gustl
QUOTE(echocanyons @ Oct 10 2007, 04:20 PM) *

Sounds like good fun! driving.gif

please do.

here are some shots of this nice place
Gustl
including my teener
carreraguy
QUOTE(Gustl @ Oct 10 2007, 11:49 AM) *

including my teener

Nice pics Gusti! Looks like a bigger version of the Califorina side of Lake Tahoe!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.