Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CamShafts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
timothy_nd28
I Have a WebCam "something" camshaft installed in my 1.8L Ljet engine. It was converted to Dual Carb Webbers years ago. Going back to the orginal Ljet fuel injection. Has anyone had luck converting back to the orginal fuel injection, BUT still using a carburetor type camshaft?
Jake Raby
Very few camshafts have the vacuum signature needed for the stock FI system to be effective. I worked for years to develop a cam that was effective with FI and finally came up with a solution, my 9550 and 9590 cam profiles.

Most carb cams open the intake valve way too soon, some twice as fast as the stock cam and that makes for a very effective carb cam, but very inadequate stock FI cam.
timothy_nd28
Jake are you now selling this cam option? Didn't see this on your website. Thanks

Semper Fi!
Jake Raby
Yes, go to my forums to get the details on camshaft sales.
I handle them much differently than anyone else as I must talk to you personally and walk you through an entire presentation about the valve train prior to the sale.
Unfortunately I only do this once every 3 weeks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.