Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: member pages
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jonwatts
Has there been any discussion on hosting web pages for club members? I currently have my 914 page hosted by my DSL provider and its reliability (at least lately) has been shite. I could move it to another enthusiast site but thought I'd ask here first.
Jeroen
There are plans to have a members gallery, where you can upload pics of your car etc.
Dunno 'bout a real website... that's up to Brad

cheers,

Jeroen
Brad Roberts
Jon,

we are out of IP addresses. If you dont mind hanging it off the club site or the ALL914 site... I dont mind.

I would prefer to start a "members" area sometime soon.

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Mar 17 2003, 06:07 PM)
we are out of IP addresses.

yepp, we are. but we could do something like

http://www.914world.com/members/jonwatts/
Brad Roberts
There you go Jon.. now all you need is FTP access.

B
jonwatts
That's all I'm looking for, just a place to put my stuff (my own IP address would be way overkill).

So who can give me FTP access to this directory? It would be worth a beer at the Tied House (at least).
Brad Roberts
Check your PM.

Can you place a link somewhere on your pages for the club site ??

B
jonwatts
I have a link on the navigation bar on the left. Hopefully you'll be able to see it from your own server in just a few minutes.

[EDIT] I thought Andy made the folder for "members/jonwatts" but I guess he was just proposing the place to put it. I made the folders (responsibly, of course).

thx!
SirAndy
jon, i added index.htm to the possible start pages in a folder assuming that was/is the start page for your web-site. it seems to work now. the server is running ASP, just in case you know some web-programming rolleyes.gif
jonwatts
Web programming? Yeesh, no thanks wink.gif

Got my page up and my signature pointing at it. Thanks again.
Brad Roberts
Your thumbnails are not working on the pics page of the car. The pic work...but no thumbs.

B
jonwatts
Yeah that's been broken. I forgot about it until I was checking the uploaded pages. Since their just the early ugly photos I didn't care too much; but yes I'll fix it (probably at work today tongue.gif )
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.