Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 Tensioner rebuild
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thesey914
I've found bits and pieces on the www for tensioner rebuild but never a comprehensive guide. I rebuilt my tensioners and took some photo's along the way to create a 'how-to'. It's pretty easy but it's not one of those things you would want to cock up.

I have the hydraulic tensioner set up also but I'm in 2 minds whether to fit them and if I do then maybe next winter

Tensioner rebuild

(BTW if I've made any school boy howlers let me know before my engine self destructs wink.gif )
village idiot
Nice write-up James!! biggrin.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Nice writeup, better than the factory manual. HOWEVER, the glitzy light gray on darker gray text is difficult to read. Granted, my eyes are in their mid 60s, but I still have pretty good vision, and it's a PITA to try to read it. The pix are truly wonderful, though.

The Cap'n
thesey914
Thanks Cap'n -I've made the txt slightly more bold now. I have a question for you though -out of interest have you heard of the P214V tool for setting the oil retaining piston height correctly?
911quest
What I found to be the hardest part is making something up to keep the piston compressed while installing the tensioner's
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.