Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: how to discourage 914 restoration
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
We have been looking for 2.0 throttle switches and found six new ones after inquiring at over 50 different places. They want 295 EUROS each! Is the line forming??? Certainly not for me. Too bad. Makes dual 40s look better and better. (you did not see me write that!)
rhodyguy
what's the dif between the 'newish' one i have with the # 0 280 120 032 and the porsche part # the bird lists as nla?

k

dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 11 2007, 08:20 AM) *

what's the dif between the 'newish' one i have with the # 0 280 120 032 and the porsche part # the bird lists as nla?

k

The 0 280 is the bosch number. They are the same.
rhodyguy
thanks george!!! perhaps i can afford the a/f monitoring system i want to buy. smile.gif

k
Engman
There has to be a way to refurb one. Would not be too hard to make a new board.... After all - we do have someone rebuilding the mps.

M
jk76.914
How do they fail? I've never seen the traces on the board worn through anyway. Contacts on the fingers could be redone.... gold rivet contacts. Anybody know of any other failure modes?
SirAndy
i sold a new one i had in my stash for $50 last year ...
bye1.gif Andy
jgara962
Aren't there a couple of members working on producing either refurished or new ones? There seems to be a thread every so often about it, but then it goes away and no one announces that they have them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.