Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 73 appraisal please
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Ricard
Last week I was contacted by some of you E-bayers because the white 73 2.0L carbed and 916 kit was out for auction.

Well Finally met up with the owner today. He drove the car from Biloxi to my house (20 Miles). I looked at all the trouble spots and found a few of the normal things.

rust bubbles around bottom of windshield
perferation at both rear trunk corners .50 cent piece each.
surface rust in floor and floors have been replaced once in the cars life time. Still solid and decent repair not CCW stuff.

Flares are bonded and glassed in as are front and rear 916 bumpers.
Front trunk needs cleaning and repaint

Engine runs but could use a leaner jet job which would bring a bunch more power. (40 IDF's) and could use a synch.

Longs were OK but I couldn't see much Battery tray was removed and battery was not well mounted in the rear trunk.

That's about all the bad and now the good

Trans shifted very good
Interior was nice seats were nice with original material
Drivers door is early Pasenger side I couldn't tell but looked late. no rust on either

Trunk lids very nice
roof was ok
sound padding in both engine compartment and rear trunk floor
stock brakes with 19mm MC was very firm
Wheels were at least 6" width and 195/50-15 multi season

Manta exhaust and stock HE's with most of the heat stuff. No Auxillary blower.Click to view attachment
Joe Ricard
Engine
Joe Ricard
wheels
Aaron Cox
empi 8 spokes are 5.5" wide smile.gif

i stand corrected!
sixnotfour
Caroll Shelby "Anaconda" Wheels 15x7 . The offset makes them fill the fender like fuchs 15x8.
I need one of those center caps.
DanT
those wheels are an old "minilite" knock off... smile.gif
jd74914
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Oct 12 2007, 12:24 AM) *

those wheels are an old "minilite" knock off... smile.gif

or panasport.
sixnotfour
those wheels are an old "minilite" knock off...

or panasport.

Caroll Shelby "Anaconda"
rhodyguy
how much does the owner expect to see for the car joe? i sure don't like that carb linkage. if that filter sat flush in the base it might seal better. looks as tho there's been something leaking at some point.

k
cooltimes
Since you did ask for an evaluation and he DID drive it 20 miles, which says it runs and after seeing those couple of photos, $1225.00 or less is all this old 914 addict would think it would be worth as a daily money pit.

IMHO of course.

Cooltimes (Mike Cooley)
Joe Ricard
Well I would think 3K tops.

Going to need quite a bit of TLC to bring it up to Snob CCW level.
But for a fun daily driver it would serve the owner well.

Tune the carbs with some of my Mad skills and it would get over 30 MPG.

The current owner has it priced locally for 6500.
PeeGreen 914
6500? In the words of Shaggy...Zoiks. Maybe 4500 tops. I'd pay 3000 for it as well, but if someone goes at it for an impulse buy I could see it going fo 4500. Did you offer to tune it for him Joe?

Oh, and on a side note, I did get a nice air dam, and now I need to know how you did that splittler.
Joe Ricard
Might as wel go off topic

Made the splitter with a sheet of cheap luan 1/8" thick. Cut it to begin at the front edge of the steering rack cover and then mak it as long as you want. I only went out as far as the bumper edge. Some marine adhesive to glue luan to air dam. and then glass on both sides and up onto the air dam on the back side.
Strong enough that I could have my 7 yr old stand on it without brace rods. Ended up 4" off the ground at the leading edge.
Glass on both sides of the wood and some marine
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.