Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best way to ship an engine?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Chuck
I found a motor for my car. It is on the west coast. I was looking for some suggestions for shipping it from out west to me in Minnesota. Looking for the best deal; meaning I want a fair price, good service and the engine in one piece when it arrives. biggrin.gif
Project 6
Forward Air. They do "portal to portal" shipping. Check out the website at www.forwardair.com

Strap it to a pallet, shrink wrap it and it gets to the nearest big city. You pick it up. $200 ish
McMark
Secure it to a pallet, crate it up, and go to FreightQuote.com.

Just shipped one from CA to MA door to door for $412.

Prices on FreightQuote change day to day. The same shipment yesterday quoted out at around $450. So check back often. wink.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

MCMARK; Just ship to my address, and I'll save you the cost of the shipping.

Just feeling Benevolent tonight!!! Dave slap.gif
McMark
I'm not sure Scott would be too happy about that.... laugh.gif
scottb
HEY!!!! my engine!!!! cheer.gif cheer.gif

crap, i better get busy!!!

beer3.gif

now insert wrenching smiley!!!
daveyboybadion
Hi Chuck, I've has really good luck with Yellow Freight. I shipped a complete 928 drivetrain out of the DFW area from a shop to the terminal near Seattle. I also shipped a 1.8 from Cali that I bought from Mark Blanton. He crated it on a pallet, dropped it at the terminal in Fresno and I picked it up at the Seattle terminal (actually Tukwila). It was fast and inexpensive and both arrived in great shape. You can call the Yellow Freight folks and they will walk you through the process. BTW got my replacewment flares from AA. They arrived before the dented ones got picked up. Didn't think about offering them on the site until too late, but my gut tells me that isn't the last group buy that George will approve...daveyboy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.