Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: i wish the COA would tell more
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
freezing14
OK my COA states tinted windows all around , ok I know that you can have the side and triangle windows, i have a tinted windsheild,, anyone evr seen a rear window that is tinted ,, every I talk to here has never seen one ,, lots of defrost ones but tinted !!! do they actually exist, and by any chance do you have a spare fore sale
Pat Garvey
Yves,

I share your feelings about the COA. At best they are close to correct. At worst, they are absurd. Porsche should be embarrassed!

Good luck, my friend!
Pat
davep
I've never heard of the rear window being tinted. All around basically means the windshield, and all door glass.
scotty b
I have a set of the "Spain" option tinted glass that i posted pics of before. The car it was on did NOT have a tinted windshield and was a low mileage original car. My confusion is whather there were two types of tint, did this car have an early in life windshield replacement or maybe just didn't get a tinted windshield from the factory ?
JeffBowlsby
The rear window was only produced in clear, at least for US markets. A rear window defroster was optional equipment.

The standard windshield was clear - Laminated for USA, non-laminated for Europe.

2 optional equipment tinted windshields wer available - optional equipment M089 was non-laminated, and M567 was laminated.
JeffBowlsby
I too wish the COAs gave more info...like the German Zertificates...the production info for each VIN must be available.

scotty b
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Oct 14 2007, 02:58 PM) *

The rear window was only produced in clear, at least for US markets. A rear window defroster was optional equipment.

The standard windshield was clear - Laminated for USA, non-laminated for Europe.

2 optional equipment tinted windshields wer available - optional equipment M089 was non-laminated, and M567 was laminated.

But if the car I had, had tinted side windows shouldn't it have also had a tinted windshield or was the winshield an additional option on top of the side glass?
JeffBowlsby
Clear side windows were standard. Tinted side windows were optional equipment M568. So its possible to have tinted side windows and a clear windshield.

There is a list of optional equipment items on my webpage here:

http://members.rennlist.com/914_collectibles/OpEq.htm

The list may not be totally complete, but I think its pretty much complete. The data was taken off factory price lists, but I have not had access to every price list throughout production.
scotty b
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Oct 14 2007, 03:23 PM) *

Clear side windows were standard. Tinted side windows were optional equipment M568. So its possible to have tinted side windows and a clear windshield.

There is a list of optional equipment items on my webpage here:

http://members.rennlist.com/914_collectibles/OpEq.htm

The list may not be totally complete, but I think its pretty much complete. The data was taken off factory price lists, but I have not had access to every price list throughout production.

One of these days I'll stop long enough to take the time to go through your site biggrin.gif It will no doubt be a learning experience !
freezing14
thanks for the answer guys,, at least I have plenty of rear glass, both with and without defrost,, as it was a texas car it did not have defrost and it will not go in either as it will never see snow again,, it did saw some when I first got it
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.