Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eurorace Header stubs don't fit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
2 of the stub pipes fit great, the other two are slightly off, and I don't want to force them and break an exhaust stud.

Looks like an easy fix would be to bore out the holes (just slightly) that accept the stud on the stubbies, and I have a guy at a machine shop that could do this for me quickly. Is this the proper course of action for this problem?

Zach
Twystd1
Have you tried putting different stubs on different ports? Sometime they fit that way.

NOTE: SOME of the ER headers are cylinder specific. They are usually numbered on the flanges to mate. And some have zero markings.

There were at least 3 versions of that header that I know about. All a bit different.

Personally. I would drill out a stub or any of the 10 flanges in a second if the sucker was being a pain in the ass. I would just toss the flange in a vise or set it on my bench and go after it with a hand drill if I needed a smidgen of room. Hell... ya can't hurt a flange. Then face the flange with a flat file to remove any burrs... And bolt the sucker together.

Zach... What exhaust are you running with the ER header?

Cheers,
Clayton...

Master of nothing.... YET..!!!
Type 4 Unleashed
WTF.gif
VaccaRabite
The stubbies were marked for what cylinder they were supposed to go to. LF, LR RF RR. I think that the exhaust studs are a little off for any one of the reasons mentioned above.

I am using this as an excuse to go and get a drill press. :-) I'll have them bolted down by this afternoon.

Zach
VaccaRabite
They fit now. :-)

The drill press really made that job easy. Clamp, clamp, oil, drill, done.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.