Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tubhopper II
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
JoeSharp
As you recall the paper work on the 75 tub that Barry had chosen did not work out. So I went searching and found another one. We have a clear title on a 74 donated by Alberto. (languarno) I cant spell that any better than I can his last name. Sorry Albert, but a big THANKS to you Sir.
The car is currently under goning a 4 lug conversion and is having parts pulled in order to get it ready for shipping. Albert was putting this car together when he found an orange car that he wanted more. Just in case you didn't know, Albert hangs out with THOMAS a lot. So Barry scores.
At any rate all of this should happen faster now.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
we hadn't heard much from barrys lately. i wondered what was up. good job guys. that young man certainly is determined. i think he owes you a pressure wash for the driveway joe. wink.gif

k

JPB
If you are doing a 4 lug conversion wouldn't that be called a four lug unperversion? This my friend would put you in the Less Is More category of GREATNESS!:beer1:
JoeSharp
Update:
Contacted the shipper and we should have everything that we need tonight except Barry's phone number. If Barry is watching or reading his e-mails we should be together today. Linda and I will finish the shipping form tonight and after that it is up to the shipper.
rick 918-S
Joe and crew, You guys aktion035.gif ROCK!!!! biggrin.gif
jd74914
agree.gif Very nice . . . biggrin.gif
VaccaRabite
Hows Barry doing? I have not seen any of his postings or stuff in ages.

Zach
SirAndy
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Dec 6 2007, 10:50 AM) *

Hows Barry doing? I have not seen any of his postings or stuff in ages.

agree.gif
markb
pray.gif
McMark
He just turned 17, or don't ya'll read the birthday threads. happy11.gif

This is really great Joe. I'm glad it all finally worked out. thumb3d.gif
JoeSharp
We have everything but Barry's phone number. I have it somewhere but I can't find it. So if anyone has it call him and tell him to get it to me please.
icon_bump.gif
JoeSharp
icon_bump.gif
StratPlayer
Joe keep sending him emails, he's got to check his email now and then.
JoeSharp
Thanks Jim. I will. I ordered the shipping by entering in the phone number of 111-111-1111, but the driver will want the number before delivery.
rhodyguy
craig might have barry sr's number.

k
JoeSharp
Thanks Kevin, I'm sending Barry the pink, that might get his attention.
JoeSharp
Got a good number today and made a call. I'm sure Barry will be in touch shortly.
McMark
Great news! Go Barry! Go Joe! cheer.gif
JoeSharp
Barry contacted me today. Everything is a GO!!!! I'll post pictures of the car getting LOADED!!!!
euro911
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Dec 11 2007, 03:01 PM) *

Thanks Kevin, I'm sending Barry the pink, that might get his attention.

If sticking something pink in front of a guy's face doesn't get his attention, something is seriously wrong shades.gif

laugh.gif
JoeSharp
We have an up date.
Barry e-mailed me. Now all we need is the shipper to call me and tell me when they will come and pick it up.
From Barry

Joe! I just got all the messages! I havnt checked my email in a week or so, and sad as it is, I havnt logged on to clubnarp or 914world in a month or two. I dont have a car to work on hahaha. I will definetly be back on the club when the car gets here. I already have lots of parts set aside for the car. I cannot wait for this. Thanks again so much joe, and I will be taking lots of pics when it arrives!

Tub in the rain.

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
smilie_pokal.gif locust.gif
McMark
clap23.gif
Gint
You're a good man Charlie Brown. smilie_pokal.gif
JoeSharp
Still waiting on the carrier's call. When that car leaves I get to rearrange my garage.
McMark
Isn't is nice when shop/garage space opens up.
JoeSharp
I can't wait....
neo914-6
smilie_pokal.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(McMark @ Dec 23 2007, 04:22 PM) *

Isn't is nice when shop/garage space opens up.

Enjoy it while it lasts -Nature abhors a vacuum. biggrin.gif
JoeSharp
Well I got a call from the shipper today and they will come and pick-up the car tomorrow. I'll post pics of the event.
Ferg
Cool piratenanner.gif
McMark
YAY!!!!!
JoeSharp
So I got this call last night at about 9:30 and the guy says that they will be there in about 15 minutes. I Woke up to the noise of a truck at 11:38. I guess they forgot about L.A. traffic.
I think they were speaking Portugese (like I'm going to spell that right or anything else that is so revelant). So here the prof that the car got put on the trailer and was transported away by western european terrorist.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Working away from me, they always spoke in muffled tones and hid there faces . We shall see how this develops.

Will Barry really get the car?

Will Alberto get the $327.00?
McMark
and was transported away by western european terrorist

av-943.gif lol2.gif Nice way to start my morning. Thanks Joe!
StratPlayer
Well done Joe beerchug.gif
euro911
How do we really know those aren't just some Photo-Shop pix confused24.gif

laugh.gif
MartyYeoman
Hey Joe,
Did you hide a GPS transponder in it so we can all watch it's travel progress?
popcorn[1].gif
JoeSharp
Just got off the phone with the carrier and the guy said that they would try to have there tonight. If it goes like the pick up it will be there at 3:30 Monday in the a m.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Jan 12 2008, 01:10 PM) *

Just got off the phone with the carrier and the guy said that they would try to have there tonight. If it goes like the pick up it will be there at 3:30 Monday in the a m.

jsharp.gif piratenanner.gif
grasshopperSR
We are all here watching. BarryJr. now has a social life (17 year old healthy male,) so he is not on the computer as much. I wish it were me. The carrier called yesterday to advise us it would be here at 11:30 PM (Sat). At midnight he called and told us they had broken down somewhere. He said they would now arrive at 6:30 am. Since it is an 18 wheeler, we will meet him because there is no way to turn around at our place, so I got back up at 5:00 am and hooked up my trailer. It is now 7:45 and the vis. is 2/10 of a mile. We are waiting on the call and will have pictures.

Barry Sr.
Gint
Cool Barry. Hi!
rick 918-S
popcorn[1].gif assimilate.gif
McMark
wavey.gif
grasshopper
Wow its here! Im so excited to finally have a 914 to build that doesnt have RUST. haha. I honestly didnt believe that it would have NO rust I figured I would have to replace SOMETHING. Well.....I looked LONG and HARD and....nothing. I mean....you guys are spoiled out there haha. If this is what they all look like then dang. But, the car finally showed up at about 10:30 this morning. So now its at the house. As of now, the plan to start will be sandblast (dont kill me, it may be some other type of media blasting) Paint. Im leaning towards green. 911 suspension. Already have it. Pretty bare interior. Nothing fancy. Then for the engine. Well...me and my dad talked about it....and.....I know some of you are going to hate me now but.......its going to be a suby. Reliability. Price. Power. Its got it all pretty much. haha. So I need to thank everyone for this. For the support, the donations, and the effort put into this. I honestly dont know what I did to deserve this but im pretty blessed to have friends like you guys. I especially want to thank Joe and Thomas. These are two great guys who contribute so much to the community. I honestly hope I can be like them. Thanks so much everyone. Pics coming in a minute.
T H O M A S
you are welcome barry,enjoy the rust free car smile.gif
grasshopper
Well I seem to have no photo resizing device on this computer so this is the only pic i can get up right now. But as soon as I can resize them they will be up
McMark
Sounds like a great plan Barry! Do it up right. thumb3d.gif

Before you blast, spend time covering ALL holes with double or triple layers of duct tape. Yes, those spots will not get blasted, but it's easier to got back and clean that little bit with sandpaper, rather than filling the holes with sand. wink.gif Oh and ask the person running the blaster to avoid the tape as much as possible.

Keep us posted!
JoeSharp
wub.gif
Lou W
Good luck with anything that you do to, just make sure that you take lots of pictures. smile.gif
euro911
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 13 2008, 08:11 PM) *
Sounds like a great plan Barry! Do it up right. thumb3d.gif

Before you blast, spend time covering ALL holes with double or triple layers of duct tape. Yes, those spots will not get blasted, but it's easier to got back and clean that little bit with sandpaper, rather than filling the holes with sand. wink.gif Oh and ask the person running the blaster to avoid the tape as much as possible...

Aluminum tape holds up pretty good to blasting, and blast with something like walnut shell media wink.gif

I just read the old posts on your other cars Barry ... I'm impressed with the work you've done ... you put some of us old men to shame sad.gif

My only part in this was to eat some jsharp.gif BBQ , thus gaining enough strength to help get the rotisserie loaded into the car tongue.gif

Looking forward to seeing you finish up the 'New and Improved' 'rust-free' tub ... beerchug.gif
(that's root beer for you young man) laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.