Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OK. So how do I install my new front top/A pillar seal?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jk76.914
I just installed my drivers "vent" window, and the aluminum strip to hold the seal along the A-pillar. I have a new seal (hidden away since 1998!), but I can't figure how to install it into the channel. Obviously, the channel gets screwed/adhesived to the A-pillar first, since it has to screw in.

But how the heck to I get the seal in the channel?!?!?! It's too tight to slide down, especially with the curve at the beginning of its trip, and hooking the inside and then snapping the outside in just plain don't work.

HELP!

Thanks!
Jim
PRS914-6
I just replaced every rubber seal in my car. All the seals that fit in a channel were installed by first installing one side and then pushing in the other side. With rubber lubricant or soapy water they go in with no effort at all. All my seals were OEM.

Now if you are talking about the felt seals for the windows, Porsche put out some that will flat not fit in the channel. I spent hours and ruined several during the attempt. I ordered some new ones and they were clearly different (thinner). Actually I think the old stock fits and the newer stock is the ones that are too thick.
jk76.914
QUOTE(PRS914-6 @ Oct 13 2007, 10:00 PM) *

I just replaced every rubber seal in my car. All the seals that fit in a channel were installed by first installing one side and then pushing in the other side. With rubber lubricant or soapy water they go in with no effort at all. All my seals were OEM.

Now if you are talking about the felt seals for the windows, Porsche put out some that will flat not fit in the channel. I spent hours and ruined several during the attempt. I ordered some new ones and they were clearly different (thinner). Actually I think the old stock fits and the newer stock is the ones that are too thick.

Thanks for the suggestions. Did you push in with a putty knife or anything? I'll give it a try in the morning. I haven't tried the felt seals yet. Do you mean the ones that go in the horizontal aluminum channel on the outboard side of the moveable glass? I'm not looking forward to those.

thanks again,
Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.