Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: running rich
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scottb
this occurs even when warm. a winter thing? noticed it in summer but more pronounced now. should i be concerned? anything to loook for initially?

muchas gracias......
redshift
Cold start injector may be working overtime. Injector seals could be bad.

Do you smell it in the engine compartment, or OutBack?

(no rules, just right)

M
scottb
actually, if at a stand still, smell petrol both in the cockpit and out back.......

hmmmm... me thinks this ain't good. headbang.gif

however, i did trace the fuel lines during the summer and they were fine also the fuel pump is doing well in the front trunk position.

need to chase this down in the next 4 months once it warms up!!!!!
Bleyseng
Unplug the cold start injector to see if it goes away. Pull a plug or two to see if the are covered with fluffy black soot. Check the MPS with a vacuum pump to see if it holds a vacuum say 15lbs for 5 minutes. Rich running could be caused by these two things.
Injector seals make it run lean.

Geoff
redshift
Yah, bad injector seals make it run lean because fuel is dumping on the wrong side of the seal.

ARP!

M
Brad Roberts
Careful what you say there Miles.. you may confuse readers that dont know you.

Bad injector seals allow "extra" unmetered air into the intake valve area causing a lean condition.

B
redshift
Correct me, go ahead! I am a confusing sob.

Sorry!

M
ThinAir
Whenever I've been able to smell fuel in the cockpit when standing still it has always been an actual fuel leak. Sometimes it's just something that is "seeping" rather than dripping. I'd look again real hard at all fuel connections for something that is damp and shouldn't be.
Brad Roberts
Yes Ernie pray.gif this was the intial thought I had..but had too "scold" Miles for his improper scare tactics...LOL

b
ChrisReale
Since the fuel pump is up front, check the fuel lines in the tunnell. If yo have not replaced them, might want to, because they are now under pressure.
redshift
god this place is screwed up

heh

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.