Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTF! 914 pick up truck?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JPB
Is there or was there such a thing? Does anyone have picks if there was?

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-43-PORSCHE-914-PICK-...1QQcmdZViewItem
Dr Evil
Yup
root
I've seen a couple of 914-to-truck conversions on the net, can't seem to find them headbang.gif

I prefer this, 'cause everything is easy to access (914-6).... biggrin.gif
type47
if i recall, i think there was an article on a 914 PU in an old, old VW Trends (?)/ Hot VW's (?), in late 70's (?)
Dr Evil
And
JPB
QUOTE(root @ Oct 14 2007, 11:46 AM) *

I've seen a couple of 914-to-truck conversions on the net, can't seem to find them headbang.gif

I prefer this, 'cause everything is easy to access (914-6).... biggrin.gif

Hey Root, when do we start making these? I'm so freekin ready! beer.gif
JPB
Them pick-up pics are making me sick! barf.gif This is SUCH the next build!!!!!!! Its gonna get my flares! I can't seem to cut up the Beater but this is a cut up mofo which is way worth doing. I always loved the VW Rabbit PU but this is the shit! I am printing ALL them pics by cracky! It needs to be lowered, and have a light bar/role cage and Rhino Liner in the trunk.

If you want to know who is responsible for my madess, you only need to look in the mirror. beer.gif
majkos
agree.gif

And a Diamond plate truck bed box aktion035.gif

Won't hold much but covers the shock towers,
giving it a good clean bed.

I've planned on doing one, For Business rolleyes.gif
scotty b
A GT flared 914 pickup eh ? idea.gif How's about a nice wood floor in the bed like the old Chebby's ? Maybe some exhaust stacks from a Peterbuilt idea.gif
JPB
I deserve all the abuse you give me so tongue.gif

Sport PUs are the thing now so a 300 HP 914 PU would run with the best of them. Magnum my asssss! It does need a box cover though and perhaps a spoiler? beer.gif
JeffBowlsby
I have a bunch of photos of both PUs on my webpage here:

http://members.rennlist.com/914_collectibl...ptional914s.htm

You will need lots of metalworking skills to replicate...
TJB/914
6-cyl 914 pickups

Here's a photo from my archives. Do a search on a post about 1-2 years ago.

T
JPB
Its smilie_pokal.gif got smilie_pokal.gif flares smilie_pokal.gif its smilie_pokal.gif goe smilie_pokal.gif flares!!! smilie_pokal.gif

You have to see my scratch build Bugatti for some real metal work my friend and yes. it's a roadster beer.gif
cantley914
Flared for dually ??? poke.gif idea.gif beer.gif

QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Oct 14 2007, 02:55 PM) *

6-cyl 914 pickups

T

GWN7
There were two built. One with flairs (it was a 6) and one without. The orange one with flairs was last in Florida being rebuilt and the other one is reported to be in the Denver area in a private collection.
jonferns

Click to view attachment

happy11.gif

-JON
majkos
QUOTE(cantley914 @ Oct 14 2007, 03:56 PM) *

Flared for dually ??? poke.gif idea.gif beer.gif

QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Oct 14 2007, 02:55 PM) *

6-cyl 914 pickups

T

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
Dualies!I LOVE IT aktion035.gif
Pat Garvey
Now I think I know where the term "butt ugly" came from! Someone found a way to take a 914 from looking like a vacuum cleaner without a handle to...to..., uh, REALLY ugly? And, the point would be.........?
URY914
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Oct 14 2007, 04:24 PM) *

There were two built. One with flairs (it was a 6) and one without. The orange one with flairs was last in Florida being rebuilt and the other one is reported to be in the Denver area in a private collection.

Correct, I saw the orange one about two years ago at Gunnar Racing in West Palm Beach. Do a search, I posted the whole story.

Paul
Ferg
I'm still trying unsuccessfully to buy the 4cylinder truck that lives in a collection in Denver. dry.gif
Spoke
I like the one on ebay. Its got 3 1/2 barrels in the bed! Might be 3 barrels of Yuengling. beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif

majkos
QUOTE(Ferg @ Oct 14 2007, 07:03 PM) *

I'm still trying unsuccessfully to buy the 4cylinder truck that lives in a collection in Denver. dry.gif

Have you actually seen it?
Ferg
QUOTE(majkos @ Oct 15 2007, 05:59 AM) *

QUOTE(Ferg @ Oct 14 2007, 07:03 PM) *

Have you actually seen it?

Not in the flesh, I have pics, but promised not to post them. I hope to see it soon though.

Ferg
JPB
Hey Spoke, i gotts some mad money on that green one wink.gif. If Porch didn't make one then I'm gonna entertain some newer lines. No stock bumper just a flat one and an IMSA bumper would make it look a little bit more trucky on the front. I think the box lines should start right behind the door and run straight back also. that wave is a little to VW/57chev like. beer.gif
MecGen

Yup, I like it, and always said I would give it a go...oneday....project #456

I was always a fan of the A1 pick-ups, worked with a guy that had a VR6 stuffed in one...no shit, it was a "VW" only scrapyard delivery viehicle.

Definate must have for project #456, rethink the rear lines, can be made more...uhm...correct... confused24.gif . Duely's in, stacks out. Flares a must.

Then I'm gonna up the motor...trans....brakes.....and so on.

Frickin cool idea tho !

Later
beerchug.gif
JPB
agree.gif I'm right there with you brother. If I get this house I'm lookin at tomorrow, this is gonna be so on. Ain't got the room yet with two 914s, 1 pick-up, two boats, welding out fit on trailer. Its like Sanford and Sons ovaheeya. beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.