Sorry, headbang.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

This car sells near my home...
VaccaRabite
Yeah, you can save that.

It will cost you about $10K (USD), and 2 years of your time, but you can save it.

You would be better off buying a car from somewhere else and paying shipping.

Zach
SirAndy
unsure.gif icon8.gif barf.gif

you'll need some serious sheet metal skills to fix that!

the good news is, you can source all the parts you need here in the US, but shipping might be a bit costly.

my biggest concern right now is the front suspension. unless you have access to a celette bench and 914 fixtures, you'll have a very hard time getting the a-arm pickup points back into factory spec.

what do the longs look like? or better, what's left of them?
sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif Andy

PS: welcome.png
Dayadaraus
El coche está en España (donde vivo yo...). El vendedor me dijo que viene de Belgica y me pide 3.220€ (4.536$) aunque se que lo compró a principio de verano por 2.500€ (3.544$). Asegura que es un 1.8 pero no se si será un 1.7. No tenía ningun número de identificación a la vista por lo que no se ni su año de construcción ni su color original pero por lo que parece durante su vida pudo ser, a parte de gris plata, rojo y amarillo. Os agradezco mucho vuestra ayuda y consejos. laugh.gif
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

highways
QUOTE(Dayadaraus @ Oct 14 2007, 03:42 PM) *

El coche está en España (donde vivo yo...). El vendedor me dijo que viene de Belgica y me pide 3.220€ (4.536$) aunque se que lo compró a principio de verano por 2.500€ (3.544$). Asegura que es un 1.8 pero no se si será un 1.7. No tenía ningun número de identificación a la vista por lo que no se ni su año de construcción ni su color original pero por lo que parece durante su vida pudo ser, a parte de gris plata, rojo y amarillo. Os agradezco mucho vuestra ayuda y consejos. laugh.gif

The Babel Fish translator says,

"The car is in Spain (where alive I...). The salesman said to me that he comes from Belgica and he requests 3.220€ to me (4.536$) although that bought it to principle of summer by 2.500€ (3.544$). He assures that he is 1,8 but not if he will be 1.7. Number of at sight identification did not have ningun reason why neither his year of construction nor its original color but reason why it looks like during his life could be, to part of gray silver, red and yellow. I thank for much your aid and advice to you."

link to translator

Dayadaraus
El coche está completo y el resto de las piezas están en un estado similar a las que podeis ver.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

John
In my opinion, anything can be saved with enough money.

In this case, however, I do believe that it would be cheaper in the long run to purchase a California car and have it imported to Spain rather than attempting to repair that.

The rust is just too extensive. (Hell, the whole trunk floor is gone!)

There is much more rust than you can see in the pictures......

Sorry, but that is what I believe.
swl
If that translation is right and the price is between $2,500 and $4,500 then you can do a lot better. Unless there is something interesting hiding somewhere it really has $0 value. That chassis is in really sad shape. I think that round air cleaner identifies it as a 1.7
stateofidleness
that looks pretty extensive...
Dr Evil
?En qual rio fue esso? wink.gif Mi esponol is pocco y malo, pero intiendo mucho que dice.

Hay mas trabajo en esto y no se que el precio es bueno in su lugar. Es mas carro aqui por esto pedaso. Puedes trabajar con metal? Hay mas pedasos aqui in Los Estado Unidos, tambien.
Dr Evil
Bienvenido a el Mundo del 914 welcome.png
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dayadaraus @ Oct 14 2007, 02:42 PM) *

3.220€ (4.536$)

wacko.gif

get a good california car for $3500 and pay $1000 shipping to spain and you'll be years (and tons of money) ahead !!!
popcorn[1].gif Andy
GWN7
Lo siento por lo que el vendedor está pidiendo que el automóvil puede comprar uno que es mucho más agradable en otro counrty y se han enviado a usted.

El artículo 914 de la compra es la mejor para el dinero que tiene.

Ese automóvil es muy oxidado para salvar a menos que se trata de un coche especial con algunos amor valor. Ha tenido varios pintura / color de los cambios y las necesidades de todo lo sustituirá.

Para averiguar el año posterior a la serie. Se puede encontrar estampada en el guardabarros derecho en la parte delantera tronco.

Dígale al vendedor que usted no comprar y buscar un mejor coche.
angerosa
Si - Estoy de acuerdo con GWN7 y Dr. Evil. Es muy caro en esta pais. Mira por un otro 914.
Pat Garvey
My Spanish left me in the early 70's, along with a bunch of brain cells, but as near as I can tell - the 914 is hopeless! Time to either crush it or consider spending HUGE bucks to bring it back - NO, $10k won't do it, that's a dream. This car is REALLY bad - RIP.
abbott295
Bueno, bienvenido al Mundo 914. Como los otros han dicho, el coche esta muy picado, muy, muy picado. Y el tipo lo acaba de comprar en 2500 euros y te lo esta vendiendo en 3220 euros? Esta muy caro y te quiere robar tambien! Busca otro 914 mejor, que sea alla o este lado del mar. Tienen que haber mejores ejemplos en europa que esto. Buena suerte en la busqueda de otro mejor.

Translation: (no babelfishiness here) Well, welcome to 914 World. Like others have said, the car is very rusty, very, very rusty. And the guy just bought it for 2500 euros and wants to sell it to you for 3220 euros? That's very expensive and he's trying to rob you too! Look for another 914 in better shape, either over there or on this side of the ocean. There have to be better examples in Europe than this one. Good luck on your search for a better one.

Alfred
LarryR
HOLLY COW!!! Now I am feeling very fortunate for my 500 bucks worth of rust damage on my 914. New Longitudinals can either be VERY expensive to replace or very time consuming... pick...

rhodyguy
start over. like andy said, buy a car from over here and ship it home. spend as much (even a bit more) as you can afford and get the best car you can. if 914s in that kind of condition, sell for that much money, you could make a living importing 914s.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.